Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Sizer Tool

PD11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to go for User based sizing of SAP landscape through Quicksizer. I have SAPS, IOPS and CPU's. My Query is what is the relation among these. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anshuman Das.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi

Our out put is 2000 SAPS then whats our server Configuration?

Components

PowerEdge T430 Motherboard

Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 2.4GHz,15M Cache,8.00GT/s QPI,Turbo,HT,6C/12T (85W) Max Mem

1866MHz

Chassis with up to 8, 3.5" Hot Plug Hard Drives, Tower Configuration

Security Bezel

iDRAC Port Card

2133MT/s RDIMMs

8GB RDIMM, 2133MT/s, Dual Rank, x8 Data Width

iDRAC8 Express

1. 1.2TB 10K RPM SAS 6Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive,3.5in HYB CARR,13G

SAS 12Gbps HBA External Controller

PERC H330 Integrated RAID Controller

Heatsink for PowerEdge T430

Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W

Deskside Power Cord, GType, 230V,2M (Nepal, Sri Lanka, India)

PowerEdge Server FIPS TPM

On-Board LOM 1GBE (Dual Port for Racks and Towers, Quad Port for Blades)

No Rack Rails, No Cable Management Arm, No Casters, No additional Processors

Software

1 Performance BIOS Settings

1 Windows Server 2012R2 Standard Edition,Factory Installed, No Media, 2 Socket, 2 VMs,NO CALs

1 Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 Standard Edition, Downgrade Media for Win2012R2, Eng

1 Windows Server 2012R2 Standard, Media, FI Standard Ed Downgrade image, Eng

May i know this configuration support 2000SAPS ?

Regards

Aby Paul

former_member709110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quick Sizer will give you a indicative measure of CPU, which is defined in SAPS. This value is used by your hardware vendor to propose you the right kind of hardware. You can also refer to SD Benchmark certificates to see what fits your requirement. (http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/index.epx)

I am assuming you have already gone through the documentation in the https://service.sap.com/sizing and SDN , what is SAPS and what is 2-tier/3-trier SD benchmark

Also the qiucksizer must have given you memory and disk capacity required.

The I/O's per sec helps you to choose the right kind of storage systems.

Also please remember quicksizer result is just an indicative value, you need to use your experience and knowlodge of business process to added to the above result. This becomes especially very important when you do not have throughput data and you have done user based sizing.

Regards,

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For basic steps go to http://service.sap.com/quicksizing. Ref note 85524.

Not sure what you are looking for ... I got some answers from my friend. Here it is

The SAP Application Performance Standard (SAPS) is a hardware-independent unit that describes the performance of a system configuration in the SAP environment. It is derived from the Sales and Distribution (SD) Benchmark, where 100 SAPS is defined as 2,000 fully business-processed order line items per hour. In technical terms, this throughput is achieved by processing 6,000 dialog steps (screen changes), 2,000 postings per hour in the SD Benchmark, or 2,400 SAP transactions. In the SD Benchmark,

fully business-processed means the full business process of an order line item: creating the order, creating a delivery note for the order, displaying the order, changing the delivery, posting a goods issue, listing orders, and creating an invoice. In general SAPS is used to size CPU and memory of a SAP system.

In production systems, a rough analysis gives values between 0.5 to 0.6 IOPS per SAPS. Based on this rule an SAP system that needs to reach 10,000 SAPS at 100% workload should be assigned a storage system that can process 5,000 to 6,000 IOPS. The storage system's cache size can play a significant role in determining the disk (rotating) requirements. On the other hand, for EFD disks, the system's cache size is not an important factor.

Based on the conversion formula between IOPS and SAPS (0.6 IOPS per SAPS) it is possible to derive the IOPS required and hence the number of disks needed while sizing the SAP system.

Regards

Vinod