Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual Data

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have manually entered data into the data manager for a Multilingual fied, But the data is present in only English and in all other languages it shows in RED colour , i also tried editing the other lang column and saving it , it does not work.

At the same time when i import data using the Import manager and clone the source field n number of times and map it to different languages it works fine.

What is the Difference between manually entering the data into the data manager and importing it ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

In Data Manager, try filling data for other languages using Language Detail Tab. In language detail tab, you would able to see all the multi-lingual fields and their respective language fields like English (US), German (DE) etc.

Here suppose you have already have filled value in English and now if you want to fill this field value in German Language, you should write that value in German(DE) and then should save. Now you could able to see both (ENG and GER) languages.

Kindly revert if find any issues.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while logging into the data manager, which language you using

if you are using english and entering data in any other language it will not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have 4 (say) languages maintained in MDM

make sure in Console you have ...

Lang1 : ### Lang2, Lang3, Lang4

Lang2 : ### Lang1, Lang3, Lang4

Lang3 : ### Lang1, Lang2, Lang4

Lang4 : ### Lang1, Lang2, Lang3

red means no value foir that language : and it has inherited the same value as Lang1 (for setting above)

you can diectly edit in Data manager the save (shift+Enter)

hope this helps

-Adrivit

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can follow the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0030639-9b5c-2b10-b7b8-dcc9bf1ba...

also see the related link to it which talks about how to deal with multilingual data in Console , IM and Syndicatior.

HTH

thx

Deep