Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Contract Distribution with PPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are implementing SRM7 with ECC6 EHP.

With reference to sap note 1354971 Disable Contract distribution in PPS, does it means we cannot use Central Contract function together with PPS activated?

As I understand the concept of Central Contract is to enable an Operational Contract to be used as valid source of supply in both SRM7 and ECC6 (and for this to be possible it has to be distributed to backend ECC6). However, if the distribution disable how would the contract available as source of supply in ECC6?

Cheers,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have activated PPS and make use of the PPS specific fields for contracts, you can't distribute the contract to ECC because there are no matching PPS fields in ECC. If you don't use any PPS specific fields at all, you can revert note 1354971 and achieve contract distribution to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I have reverse note 1354971 and the distribution tab and assign distribution re-appear. However I still have another issue. The contract was successfully distributed and processed via XML in both SRM and ECC6 (with checked flag indicator) but the contract was not created in ECC6. After we debug the function in ECC6 and discover an error "Product type dependent mapping". Do you know what this means? Or it is due to missing configuration in ECC6?

Cheers,

Tom

FranckDupasSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The distribution concept and technology is not the same if you use ECC 6.0 EHP4 or above or if you use an older back-end version. What do you use in your case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

We manage to resolve the distribution issue manually after implementing some notes. We have decided to drop PPS as the main cause of this issue discuss in this topic. We will not pursue further with PPS.

Thanks all for the responses.

Cheers,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom

What notes did you implement?

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

When PPS is activated in SRM70 then the system would treat as extended classic and hence Central contract distribution to backend would not work. It would be better to disable PPS when you do not use PPS functionality so that you can get full functionality of Central contract distribution.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

We actually reverse table entries according to note 1354971 to return contract distribution functionality in SRM-PPS enabled system. However we do not know if that poses any adverse effect other than additional PPS-enabled fields does not include in the distribution. Thus, we decided to do-away with PPS.

Cheers,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to get the contract distribution working but for some reason I seem to be missing something very fundamental.

I think that I have done all the required config steps and PI has been implemented accordingly.

Would you have any config notes / documentation that you would be will to share so that I can hopefully get to the bottom of it.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to get the contract distribution working but for some reason I seem to be missing something very fundamental.

I think that I have done all the required config steps and PI has been implemented accordingly.

Would you have any config notes / documentation that you would be will to share so that I can hopefully get to the bottom of it.

Regards

Keith

Answers (0)