cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a scheduler using webdynpro java in CE 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to implement a scheduler in CE 7.2 for a webdynpro java application. Can you guide us how it can be done, if possible?

The requirement is

User fills some data in Webdynpro for Java application in CE7.2 Environment and submits to backend RFC.RFC will populate output data in macro enabled xls sheet and email to corresponding user. Portal user should be able to carry on with other actions when this particular action(RFC Populating data in xls sheet to users email) is being performed in the background after the action SUBMIT.

Request you to share your suggestion or ideas how to achieve above requirement.

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Since you're on CE 7.2, why not simply use Asynchronous Views (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/498e58cb511c6ce10000000a42189b/frameset.htm)

That way, users can still interact with the screen while the application is processing your data.

Hope this helps!

Robin van het Hof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin van het Hof

Thanks for your reply. How the following tasks can be acheived in CE 7.2.

1) How to create a Scheduler and invoke it on click of a button of any Webdynpro for Java Application?

2) How to setup and establish a connection to SAP system holding this RFC in the scheduler component?

3) How to read and populate the excel template sheet with RFC output in the scheduler component?

4) How to close the connection in the scheduler component?

5) How to stop this scheduler component.?

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need to use a scheduler? The Asynchronous Views would still allow user interaction while the application runs in the background.

A Web Dynpro for Java application cannot be run in the background (i.e. scheduled), since it incorporates UI elements.

You could also create a portal service, which does its task in the background, but I wouldn't make it myself very difficult and opt for the Async View solution