cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Function not possible in this state" in SMQR - how do I update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We created a new group INTERNAL_RFC in RZ12 without the Central Instance in to reduce RFC traffic on the CI but I'm having some problems assigning. I get the message:

"Function not possible in this state"

When trying to assign the new group. I overcome this in SMQS by de-registering the queues in 'waiting', making the change, and re-registering.

In SMQR it still won't let me change after de-registering... status is always in 'Wait' (there are some huge queues).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would prefer to change something in Production after hours as it doen't affect the current users,

and SMQR is for Inbound Queue, after you have created new group in RZ12 and eliminated the CI,

go to SMQR -- > EDIT --> Change AS gropu and provide the 'INTERNAL_RFC' name here and save it.

Thanks

SM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM

That is exactly what I'm doing, and that's when I get the message.

We still did it out of hours but it's a very busy Productive system... eventually managed to get it to work buy deregistering, registering but not activating, waiting a little while; then registering with activation and quickly changed it as it went temporarily to 'inactive'!

The save icon was greyed out though and when I refreshed it had gone back to the original setting!! But when I went back into the transaction, it HAD saved it.

Strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah right, it is strange, by the way what is your ABAP version?

-SM

Edited by: SM on May 6, 2011 11:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP ECC 6.0 701 (SP3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EDITed....I can't read.

Edited by: Peter Bell on May 19, 2011 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know it is an old post but I just faced the same issue. So for the people that are facing the same.

The solution is in note 1786910 - Function not possible in this state

Regards,

Adel