Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Java sessions are not closed until they time out

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have a SAP PI system to integrate SAP R/3 with external applications and recently we are facing a problem with inactive sessions. There's a new application we are setting up that consumes a webservice published by this SAP PI system. The scenario is SOAP --> PI --> PROXY. What we have noticed is that when the application sends loads of requests sometimes the system fails. This is because we are reaching the maximum number of open sessions in AS Java (1000). Investigating a bit more we found out that the sessions are not "closed" once the communication between the application and SAP PI has finished. Those sessions are open until they are automatically timed-out by the system after 1800 sec.

We have found the notes below in SAPNet:

Note 1363751 - ICM: Java Web sessions are not terminated

Note 1307940 - New HTTP session opened for every web service call

However, none of them are applicable to our system because it is more updated:

SAP PI 7.1 EHP1 SP002

Kernel Patch Level: 87

We have tried to close connections from the application that consumes the webservice but with no success. The sessions remain in the server until they are timed-out. Could you please tell us if this is the normal behavior of an AS Java system? Is this the way it should work? If so, can you tell us how to decrease this timeout so the inactive sessions are cleaned faster? We tried to find it but we didn't manage. Is there any way to close the session once the communication has finished?

Thank you in advance.

Roger Allué i Vall

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, Hope you are doing good, Could you let me know how the issue got resolved as am facing the same issue. Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Kaushik G

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Sorry but it is and old issue and I can't remember how we solved it. None of the notes apply to your issue either?

Note 1363751 - ICM: Java Web sessions are not terminated

Note 1307940 - New HTTP session opened for every web service call

Are you in the same SAP PI version? Let me see if I can find any email regarding this issue with more information.

I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Regards!

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You for the flash response , We don't have a PI system but I see the same issue in the NetWeaver Administrator 7.3 AS Java.This is the first time am facing this issue , Checked the logs and log viewer no luck. regards, Kaushik G

0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

You can do the following things to help solving your issue:

1. Decrease session timeout default value of the web container: Use the NetWeaver Administrator

Open Application Modules plugin within NWA

Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> Application Modules

Set the desired timeout web module you are using, in minutes.

The default value 0 in the NWA means that the value is not modified

and the default value of 30 minutes timeout will be used.

2. Increase the max. no. of Sessions in Configtool

The max. number of Sessions can be set in Configtool in the Expert

mode. There is no limitation for the parameter.

Thanks,

Anderson