cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the Shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to delete Shopping carts.

They are currently awaiting approval with a person who no longer works for the business u2013 and actually they are no longer required

sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Kumar on Apr 8, 2011 8:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the version you are using.

Go to Shopping cart monitor in SRM 7.0.

Enter the Shopping cart no

select the line item and click on Delete.

The shopping cart will be deleted.

It will work in older version like SRM 3.0 ,SRM 5.0

Check and revert back

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on version 7.0. I am also going through the Monitor Shopping Cart screen. However, once the user is deleted from the org structure, you are no longer able to delete the cart. I have confirmed this with OSS as well.

I did have to apply several notes in order to delete shopping carts from existing users because that was also not working within the Monitor Shopping Cart screen.

I don't know why SRM 7 behaves differently for deleted users. Unfortunately, the only way I can remove them from the approver's inbox is to logically delete the item from workflow.

I don't know if the team cart functionality would apply for these types of carts to allow for deletion but I will work on that one next.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Team shopping seems to be a viable option. Here, if the creator is no longer with the business, his substitute can take over and do the same thing that the creator can do.

Regards,

Ranjan

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is true. Now, if only I can figure out how to make team purchasing work. But, that will be posted on a different subject. I don't want to mess up the original poster's question.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can very much delete a shopping cart with the status 'Awaiting approval'.

Open the shopping cart and click the button 'Edit'. It will trigger the recalling of the shopping cart from approver inbox.

When the shopping cart is recalled, you can delete the same.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, the last response is not correct since the original creator is no longer with the organization.

I am currently working with OSS to resolve this because we were able to delete these shopping carts in SRM 4 but are not able to do so in SRM 7. Now, we run into attribute errors because the user is no longer in the org structure.

I've heard all sorts of suggestions to not terminate the user on the SRM side if there are still open shopping carts. However, the HR function is not centralized so there is no way of knowing when users are terminated.

Monique