cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second o/p been printed from first page due to page format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a new page format with width 210 mm and height 290 mm and included it a smartform for invoice printing that I have created.The problem is that when i take a printout of the invoice program it prints the first page perfectly,but when I take printout of the next invoice,it starts printing from the same page itself ,hence the second invoice is printed on the first and the second page .Other page formats are been printed correctly.The problem is only with the this page format that i have created.Even if i Change the width and height of the page format from SPAD ,the output remains the same.Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Subhabrata Choudhury.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure which device type you are using, but it is possible you need to add some commands in the sections below from SPAD:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> <Device Type> -> Formats -> <Format> -> End of page

E.g. In a windows device type like SAPWIN, the command below is needed:

1. formfeed

\f

This ensures that there is a formfeed after each page. You can check the standard page formats such as DINA4 to see which commands are required for your device type. Also for some device types, commands are needed in the printer intialization section for your custom page format to tell the printer the length of the page.

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> <Device Type> -> Formats -> <Format> -> Printer Initialization

Again you can check the standard page formats like DINA4 or LETTER as a reference.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for replying.The device type that i am using is SAPWIN.The the actions in the format section does contain the same code that you mentioned.Still the problem is occurring.please help.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is in the printer intialization section for your created custom page format Zxxxx? Are you sure the /f command in in the 'End of Page' action for the new custom page format? Also, when you create a custom page format in SAP, there is no command sent to the printer to set the paper size. In this case the default page format in windows for the printer is used. The following SAP note describes how to create a page format at windows level and assign as the default for your printer:

163136 - Creating new paper size for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

So if you set up the paper size in windows as the default for your printer, there is no need to add commands for paper size in the printer initialization of the windows devcie type.

Regards,

Aidan