cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile device & SAP integration

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My Client is implementing SAP-WM and he is using Mobile devices for Picking in the warehouse. For the integration tests he wants to see the picking through the Mobile devices. Although I have worked completely on Mobile data entry related customizing on SAP but i never integrated the devices from scratch. Therefor I need some suggestions from you on this

As far as i have read on help.sap, following is my understanding on the integration of the Mobile devices & SAP console :

1. We have to install SAP console and Telnet on a system ( server)

2. We create profiles on SAP console administrator and these profiles are linked to the users profiles in Telnet

3. When the user logs in through mobile device he connects to the SAP client based on the profile associated to him in Telnet & SAP console administrator.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or if any other steps are involved which i am missing.

My doubts :

1) I would like to know that who is responsible for this integration ( above 3 steps). Is it completely Basis team or partly Basis and WM?

2) If anyone of you have done the implementation of Mobile devices from scratch. I would like some input regarding how did they perform the integration testing with Mobile devices.

Also Please add any other information which could be helpful for me during integration and testing.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Can you tell how you Connect MOBILE with SAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos

thank you all for your time and input

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

You are right. we too had implemented in our previous project, Integration/Inerface is the responsibility of Basis, they have to set up RF network ( related to IP address, server establishment) in Warehouse. As a Functional consultant u need to do only the config settings in LE-->Mobile Data Entry & test the Roles or User Ids for authorizations & Access to RF devices.

Rgds

Ramesh

0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Thank you for the response. I need few more clarifications.

When you say "As a Functional consultant u need to do only the config settings in LE-->Mobile Data Entry & test the Roles or User Ids for authorizations & Access to RF devices".

Test the Roles or User ID's : Are you referring only to the RF Queue management or do you mean setting up the profiles in SAP console admin and RF queue management both?

By the way As a WM consultant do we set up profiles in SAP Console Admin or Basis people do that.

Thanks Again,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As a SCM Consultant, you have to configure below steps in ECC.

Define Profiles

1. Assign Verification Profiles to Goods Movements

2. Assign Bar Code Types to Warehouse Numbers (if required)

3. Maintain Bar Code Specification

4. Define Menu Management

5. RF Queue Management

5.1 Define Queues

5.2 Assign Areas and Activities to Queues

5.3 Assign Processor to Queues

BASIS's and Network Team will do the below activities

1. Based on the sever capacity/ user's access, install SAP Console/Web Console in the same server (in ECC) or separate instant (server) in each WM location

2. While installing SAP console administrator create profiles are linked to the users profiles in Telnet

3. Network Team maps the IP address to the respective Boxs (Dev, Quality and Production)

RF devices Provider

1. setup the rules to read the barcode label for different formats for the different devices.

Regards,

Madhu