cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word as Editor for Long Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using MS Word as the default editor for the long text field, the & (ampersand) character is displayed as <(>&<)> . We have considered reverting back to the SAP editor but as it is to be replaced at the next release it does not seem to be the best option. How can we use MS Word and remove the additional characters?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, whatdoyouknow -- I found a Note on this problem. Happens with commas also apparently.

Note 1388221 - Long text: Display of SAPscript control chars in short text

Summary

Symptom

You call the inspection method of the long text editor from the short text maintenance. After you exit the long text editor, some characters, such as the comma, are masked when displayed in the short text. The system displays the character string , instead of ",". The same occurs for the characters "&" and "<".

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Is there an OSS note to prevent the non-graphical editor from replacing "&" with "<(>&<)>" ??

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

where you are able to see the ampersand either in the print preview or while entering the long text itself. if this is the case of print preview you can check with abaper to exclude those character and print the same

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create an order and enter a short text description e.g. "Identify & Fix Faults"

I then go into the long text which copies the short text description and appears as "Identify & Fix Faults"

So far OK

I then add to the long text leaving the first line as follows:

Identify & Fix Faults

Follow standard operating & safety procedures

I then save the text and exit to the Central Header view which shows the short description as "Identify & Fix Faults" - still OK

If however I edit the first line of long text e.g change to A&B&C and save, on returning to the Central Header view it displays as "A<(>&<)>B<(>&<)>C"

Can you explain what rules the editor is following and how to ensure the additional characters are not created?

John

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my system A&B&C is converted to A<(>&<)>B&C , but when i deselect Graphical PC editor it is working fine

But the change is visible in the order header only, if i press the long text button it is showing as A&B&C only

Regards

Thyagarajan