cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM message collect problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with collecting messages and sending them together. I'm trying to work out a simple correlation example. Its a File -> XI -> File scenario. I followed the blog

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

to work this out. My BPM looks like

a block which contains an infinite loop with Receive and Container steps, an exception step and a deadline step with deadline 2 mins --> Transformation step --> Send step that sends out the bundled message.

My problem is, after the file is being picked up by XI, nothing happens, on MONI the Outbound status is stuck in "Message being sent" status forever. On the Process engine workflow the deadline step is executed, but it is not proceeding to the Transformation and send step.

I've read a lot of material on this forum, it seems simple but for some reason I'm not able to get this to work.

Could somebody please guide me on this?

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/0a2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">Montioring the BPE</a> for debigging your BPM.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm">Collecting and Bundling -- Single Interface</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm">Collecting and Bundling -- Multiple Interface</a>.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I have the same problem. My BPM collect was working fine except the correlation. I implemented notes 916006, 898131, 898301 and 894906. After this we have the same problem: deadline branch is not triggered and the process runs forever.

I have a OSS message open with SAP. I didnt get a response yet, but if I do I'll update you.

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got this to work. I just recreated the whole thing again step by step and ran it at every stage and it worked. Not without problems though. I put in 3 files, but the output file gives out records of only one file. I am using correlation. Anyways I'm working on it and hopefully I should be able to figure this out myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies. I am still stuck with the problem. When I make modifications on the BPM I am able to view the latest version on SXI_CACHE, but when I run the scenario, it is using the older version of BPM.

The SXI_Cache has the latest version of the BPM, but my scenario is not using that version. This is strange.

Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

Karthik

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yay, cache problems on XI... 😕

I'd sugest to shutdown/restart using SMICM and see what happens next.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally made seom progress, not through yet. I have a control block as exception in the deadline branch, and I have a deadline of 5 mins. The file is picked up and after some 7 (not exactly 5 mins..donno why) minutes, BPM hit the deadline block and stopped at the control block exception, without going through to the transformation and the send step. Ideally it should have gone through.

Any reasons why it got stuck?

Please reply.

Thanks

Karthik

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

Somehoe u seem to have missed something.

Just look into the SAP BASIS componenet and see the pattern , <b>BpmPatternCollectTime</b>

Check all your steps agaionst this step.. AM sure you ll find the answer.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto sxmb_moni click on PE you will get workflow log , there you can select technical details tab.It will list all the steps happening in workflow process. You hav the icon for show container corresponding to each step click it and you will get the details like Messages IN and Messages OUT, Trace and all.Right click on Messages we can check whether a ABAP Class is created corresponding to each message internally or what.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

Vineetha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog for testing your mapping,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the technical details and show container and check in which step message is not created.Also go to sxmb_adm and try to activate the queue.

Regards

Vineetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I checked ,thej log and there seem to be no errors. Even in the View with Technical details log there seem to be no errors (its all green).

Could somebody tell me how to read the View withj technical details? It even looks complex!!

Thanks

Karthik

moorthy
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the technical details of BPE workflow, check the trace. It would give you more information as to where the messages are stuck in the BPM.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check the workflow log of the BPM.

2) Check is there any error in the design of the BPM

3) Check for the syntax check (F7) and then reactivate it. And then check the SXI_CACHE

Refer this - There is a BPM Collectpattern in the SAP Basis SWCV.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy