cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early watch alert task not created on satellite system via SDCCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

The task about EWA is not created on satellite system via SDCCN.

The RFC back was created on Solution Manager and the user assigned to it has the following profiles:

S_CUS_CMP (SAP_S_CUS_CMP) Read data

S_CMSREG (SAP_S_CSMREG) -> Central system repository data

S_BDLSM_READ (SAP_S_BDLSM_READ) -> SDCCN data

SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_ADMIN -> Service Desk messages

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE -> Service Desk messages

I have checked the RFC authorizations and Connection nothing is wrong.

Do you folks have any clue about that issue?

tks,

Re

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Re,

Check if the installation number of the EWA session in transaction DSWP of your solution manager is the same installation number of your satellite system.

Also check the task log of the "Refresh sessions" in the SDCCN of the managed system for any issue.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

how can I check the Installation number? Because the EWA entried was not created on DSWP.

The log of the SDCCN just says that the data is up to date.

Tks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Re,

If you're using your solution manager to create the EWA the session must be created firstly in the solution manager, in transaction DSWP.

Your system must be created in transaction SMSY in the solution manager and must be included into a solution. If this is done, you can see it in DSWP and create a session for it.

After that, the task "refresh sessions" in transaction SDCCN of the managed system will run and sync with the solution manager, searching for a session with the same system ID and installation number(which are shown in DSWP and SMSY, and must be identical in the managed system).

Please take a look into notes 207223 and 1257308 for more details on how to schedule the EWA.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

All steps which you mentioned I have run.

the weird part is that the Refresh session log just says that the data is update and that is it.

Any clue?

Tks,

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Re,

Can you find the system you are trying to run the report in transaction SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN on your solution manager?

If you can, check if it is active.

If you can't find it there, check step 2 of note 1000599.

Regards,

Daniel.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the refresh session is running and not pulling sessions ,and the installation numbers match in SMSY and the Satellite system, there may be a problem with the service defintions. You can try running TA SE37 and testing a FM say TH_SERVER and specify the *BACK RFC. If you get the server list, this means you conencted via the back RFC and logged in and pulled back the server list. If this is the case, then I would try replacing the service defintions in SDCCN on Solman via SDCC_OSS, then the Satellite. There should be sessions on Solman, and if the FM works, then the failure to pull the sessions would be because there is an issue with the service defintitions, or very likely, as the above will test the communication andexchange of information between the Satellite and Managing systems.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I found the issue.

There was not background work processes available on satellite system

Thank you so much everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am allso having the same problem

please clarify which background job to be created

Reagrds

S.Murugan

Edited by: Team BASIS on Nov 16, 2011 7:52 AM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not really much information to go on. The Maintenance package tasks is intended to schedule the Refresh defintion and services SDCCN tasks. So is this tasks scheduled? Is this taks gettign any errors/warnings in the logs?

The EWA task is created when the refresh service task runs and gets a list of the serivce sessions that need to be

populated.

You can run a refresh services task to see if there are any sessions to pull. If ther are no sessions, it could be a problem in SMSY defintions for the system. if the system is not delared 100% correctly in SMSY you will not get an EWA session populated.

In DSWP in the SOlution is the EWA for the SID red flagged? If so this means the data still needs to be colelcted from the satellite/managed sysetm. Does the installation number of the SID match the one in SMSY? If not you willnot get any sessions.

Is the refresh session actually using the *BACK RFC to the intended Solution Manager ssystem and is it defined as the master in SDCCN RFC destinations?

If you go to SE37 and run TH_SERVER and specify the SM_SIDCLNTnnn_BACK RFC, does it pull the server list?

If so your back RFC is functioning properly and a logon is successful.

Are the service defintions being replaced successfully when the Maintenance Package runs? Are they replaced when an upgrade was done? It could be the service defintions need to be replaced.

But really more information is needed. I have covered off just some of the issues possible.

Regards,

Paul