Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor deletion in SRM and ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are on SRM 5.0.ECS.,

I have read several threads on SDN but none talks about the actual steps of setting the flag for deletion of a vendor in ECC and then updating the chnages in SRM.

What are the steps for setting the deletion flag for vendor in ECC??DOes it need to be done throigh XK06?

Also once the flag is set in ECC,are the changes replicated through UPDVD??Also wha are the updates done on SRM side for that vendor??Is the deletion flag also set for the vendor or the vendor is directly dleted from SMR?????If so which tarnsaction can I check that??

After the vendor deletion happen on both ECC and SRM,what is the message which comes up when we try to create PO with this vendor in SRM?

Also before the vendor is deleted from both systems,is it necessary to close all the old documents(SC and PO) which has this vendor?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the steps for setting the deletion flag for vendor in ECC??DOes it need to be done throigh XK06?

Yes it can be done by that tcode.

Also once the flag is set in ECC,are the changes replicated through UPDVD??Also wha are the updates done on SRM side for that vendor??Is the deletion flag also set for the vendor or the vendor is directly dleted from SMR?????If so which tarnsaction can I check that??

tcode : BP (Tab Control )

You will see central block for that vendor. If purchasing block is setup it can be seen in manage business partner tcode.

After the vendor deletion happen on both ECC and SRM,what is the message which comes up when we try to create PO with this vendor in SRM?

If central block is there it won't be available in search list. If still user manages to enter the vendor the system may throw up error message. Vendor is blocked for purchasing.

Also before the vendor is deleted from both systems,is it necessary to close all the old documents(SC and PO) which has this vendor?

Vendor is treated as business partner in the SRM. BUPA_TEST_DELETE is used to delete any vendor or business partner. The system itself will issue an error message that vendor can't be deleted. In R/3 its independent.

My suggestion is apart from deletion please select purchasing block.