cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on PI 7.11 scenarios for SAP ECC 6.0 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our SAP landscape we are in the process of upgrading our SAP system to ECC6.0. We have recently gone for installation of Process Integration 7.11 server. We have transferred all the scenarios from XI 3.0 to PI7.11 and all are working perfectly fine. Most of the scenarios are ABAP client proxy scenarios which when executed from R/3 connect to PI7.11 and transfers the data to CRM5.0 system. Also an RFC is run from CRM system to transfer the data from CRM to R/3.

In such cases what precaution needs to be taken in order to ensure that the scenarios are working properly when R/3 system is upgarded to ECC6.0. Will there be any issues in this case or if there is an issue can somebody who has worked on such a case throw some light on this issues?

Thanks

Regards

suk4023

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Will there be any issues in this case

You need to check the upgrade guide of ECC 6.0, if there are a dependency between ECC and PI, it will be mentioned in it

In most cases, the dependency is in terms of SAP standard business contents, Adapter version etc. and SAP provides upgrade patch for PI as well.

In my past experience, we had to put atleast some kind of patch in PI whenever ECC was upgraded.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thx for your response. can you let us what patch it you had to install on PI so that I can work on those lines proactively.....

Does that upgarde patch take care of all the components in the PI system ie I mean the Integration Engine, Adapter Engine etc...

Thnx

Regards

suk4023

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

It depends upon the version of ECC system to which you are upgrading. When you look at the ECC upgrade guide. it will give all the information.

It could be a single patch or multiple patches which you may have to apply on PI.

Thanks

Aamir