Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a problem with the Messagesplit.

OM is set to source[1] Target[0...unbounded]. Same in the MM

The source is an external definition. Within the Interfacemapping I have already in the Multiplicizy (0...unbounded)

In the Traces i can see that the tags Messages and Message are written down, but I couldn't see it in the payload. The target is not created.

Within the ESR the Mappingtest was succesfull, but in the runtime doesn't work.

Have anybody an idea?

It is a PI 7.11

Regards,

Bülent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Are you using the source payload from message test tool, as the input data for your end to end test (through RWB or other way)? Please note that, if you are using multimapping then the source payload created in mapping test tool wouldn't work for end-to-end test in runtime.

The source payload must not contain "Messages" and "Message" nodes at runtime.

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddhasatta

yes I know...that is the problem. Within the Runtime the Messages an Message1 are appending automatically. But this doesn't work.

Is the external definiton for the source maybe the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Bülent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Lets revisit the prob.

The nodes message and message1 will be appended to your payload at runtime, rather mapping runtime only. You shouldn't be able to see these nodes in runtime payload. These values are used internally for multimapping/splitting. If the execution successful you should be able to see each of the messages as separate attachment to the main payload (after message mapping step in pipeline).

Now if you are copying the source payload from mapping tool and using to trigger runtime message from RWB, it's going to fail.

While triggering from Runtime workbench, remove the Messages, Message1 nodes/tags and associated namespaces (splitandmerge) from your runtime payload. This should make it work.

I dont think it has anything to do with your external defn or datatype.

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddhasatta,

my source payload for the runtime doesn't have the tags messages and message1. The Target Messages are created but only with the root node. That is the same result if i test in the MM without messages and message1.

Regards,

Bülent

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bulent,

If it's a multimapping then it shouldn't allow you to test in mapping test tool with payload that doesn't have message and message1 tags. The source side would show error, the payload would appear red.

Hope you dont mind all this queries, I am just trying to understand the actual place where you have prob.

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddhasatta,

Yes you allright...therefore I add in the testtool in the messagemapping the both tags manually, just to check the mapping and there works fine....but it doesn't work in the runtime (the source payload are of course without the tags messages and message1)

Regards,

Bulent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Ah, I think I got the bug

Have you declared the occurance of the target/inbound interface as 1..onbounded in the operation mapping. Under target operation there is a occurance column, which allows you to select the desired occurance from a dropdown list.

Is that the case?

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddhasatta,

Yes I select in the Target operation the Occurren. 0.unbounded.

Regards,

Bülent

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem is still existing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cakir,

Just recheck ur message mapping and Operation mapping once again ( some times we do over look )

1) Message Mapping

source message - 1
target message - 0...unbounded

2) Operation Mapping

source Service interface- 1
target Service interface - 0...unbounded

Hope above are fine with you .. now if u r testing the interface from RWB

your input XML should look like ( just an example)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <data_records>
  <field1> AA </field1>
  <field2> BB </field2>
  <field3> CC </field3>
  </data_records>

There should not be any tag viz. Messages ,Message1 etc...

Just try it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Can you check whether your runtime cache is upto date?

Go to SXI_CACHE and check whether your multi mapping is updated in split mappings.

Regards,

Venkat Tirumalasetti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every thing seems fine! Need more information to troubleshoot. A few screenshots would have helped!

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I found it.... In german I would say "I couldn't see the Tree in the Forest"

In the orginal source payload the XML Declaration <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> was missing.

Now I put it in the source message, and now the split works fine.....

thanks,

Bülent

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's amusing! Happy splitting

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

the note 1548095 - XI runtime: Split mapping with XML payload without prolog

fix this bug

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the messages tab of the message mapping and there change the ocurrence to 0-unbounded ..

Check the root node is properly mapped

thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

the target is already set it to 0...unbound...Messages and Message1 are not mapped of course.

Edited by: Cakir Bülent on Apr 7, 2011 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Copy the payload and try it in Inteface mapping nad check if it is working

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't test the orginal payload in the IM, because there is'nt the tags Messages and Message1...But if i write it manually, then the mapping works fine.

This boths tags should but automatically within the runtime, but doesn't happening. An another important info is, that in the trace i could read, that this tags are already puted, but this not true....

It looks like a bug.

Thanks,

Bülent