cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got a SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario. I am aware of how to do that. But there is an additional requirement that if XI is unable to connect to SAP for eg if R/3 system is down then XI should send the message to Webserver that R/3 system is down. If XI is able to connect to R/3 system then send the relevent details i.e output of RFC to Webserver. How to acheive this?

Thanks

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maciej.

But I need to send the message that "Syatem is down" to Webserver. Can I use BPM fo this?

Thanks

Suma

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if you new very specific returned message format then you have to use BPM. But please take into account that bpm is resource consuming for system.

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Can anyone help me to figure out which all are the steps in BPM?

Thanks

Suma

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You will need

Receiver step witch will open Sync-Async bridge

Send step to send Sync message to erp. This step should be in block that handle system. exception

2 x Transformation one for succes send, secconde for error.

send step that close bridge

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure that time out error or connectivity error is captured in RFC response.

Then you can build as synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maciej

Can you please let me know how the exception can be handled in the 2nd transformation? In that transformatin how we can find out if the system is down or not?

Also please let me know how many receiver determinations, interface determinations, sender agreements and receiver agreements needs to be created in Configuration.

Thanks

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

How can I capture time out error or connectivity error in RFC response? Can you please explain in detail.

Thanks

Suma

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ECC system is down, you will receive timeout error. Webservice system can analizy it. Second approche is to use Fault message.

Regards

Maciej