cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch report shows only 2 pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have EarlyWatch set up from my Solution Manager system for several SAP systems and all but one of them seems to be working fine.

The one I have a problem with runs the EarlyWatch report, but when I view it the report only shows two pages - the title page and "0.1 Hardware Configuration - Server Overview".

I have found another thread on here which said that I should replace the service definitions (which I have done), but I am still faced with the same error.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

For Java systems you have to perform following steps in tcode solman_setup (in managed system configuration for your java system)

Managed system configuration.......

1) Install Diagnostics Agent (SMD agent should be installed on Java system host)

2) Assign Diagnostics Agent (from URL http://>SOLMANHOST>:<SOLMANPORT>/smd/go/ADMIN_AGENT)

After performing the above steps you will get complete Java data in Early Watch Alert Report.

Regards,

Akhilesh.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

There can be several reasons for this, and my colleague Guilherme has already identified one important aspect, especially for non-ABAP, Dual Stack, BO, and no SAP systems is the Solman_Setup, and this is because for non-ABAP the data collection is managed by Solution Manager Diagnostics. However for ABAP stacks the data is collected by SDCCN. It could be that there have been some errors int eh SDCCN tasks that cause data to be missing but the task does not fail.i.e. TH_SERVER_LIST.

THis can fail if the service definitions have an issue, but there could be other errors. So if there is an ABAP stack check the SDCCN logs. The other error that can lead to an EWA being generated but basically empty is the definition is not correct in SMSY. Though that often lads to no EWA at all. Since you have an EWA the RFC works, so these are some of the possibilities why the EWA will be empty. Check Note 1496931 to see if it may apply. Also do you get teh same in HTML? Because if you don't, it may be your Trust Center settings in Word?

Hope something here helps.

Regards,

Paul

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

There's a very complex infrastructure behind the data extraction for EWA.

To ensure the data is displayed correctly in the EWA, you must ensure that the E2E Diagnostics is set up for all these managed systems.

That includes running the Initial, Basic and Managed system configuration. The last one must be executed for all the satellite systems. You can access these tasks in transaction solman_setup.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot