cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component is not generated due to errors long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i am new to WDABAP.i developed one component for navigating from one view to another view.in initial view i used label,input field and button UI elements and in secondary view i used textview and button.While activating component it showing error Component cannot be generated due to errors-> long text.pls help me.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the long help? It usually provides some details as to the exact nature of the error. Please post that here in an effort to help you troubleshoot.

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravinda,

This Generally happens in any of the following scenarios:

1. Either any UI element which has a mandatory bind-able property is not bound

2. Either you have deleted a View , but not deleted its usage from Window

3. You have removed some used component from component level , but not deleted its usage from either View / Window / Component / Custom controller.

Just check if any of the above scenarios are applicable to you.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

good site for learing sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem is resolved.The problem

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Please share the solution and according to the rules of engagements appraise the useful answers.

[Rules of the engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens due to context mapping at times. if you have a mapped node in your vie which is coming from component controller, right click on it and do update mapping. do it for all the nodes.

go to your window expend the node where all the views and plugs exist. make sure it does not have a red indicator for any view. it happens when a view is deleted by you but not from window where it has been embeded.

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether the UI elements that you used must be bound to an attribute in context .

If you have done this .

Activate the whole component by right clicking on the component name , sometime it happens that

if you are trying to activate the view when component controller is not active it gives error.

regards

Kuldep