cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SAP WP count online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to modify the work process count without downtime and .

- Not using Operation Mode

- Not using shuffle WP count from RZ04

- Not using instance profile

Regards,

Karthick S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres no way to modify the WP count without restarting the system or adding a new instance.

Now as mentioned before (and marked by you as not an option for some reason) operation modes is the only way to change the wp distribution.

If your requirement is critical then putting a new instance together should not be a huge deal.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is simple : this is not possible without changing the numer of SAP intances in the same SID.

The only way to "add" work processes is to install a new dialog server.

Is this an interview question ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario to increase the WP since almost 95% WPs are utilised but without taking the system down.

Regards,

Karthick S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Operations mode is the best way to achieve this (without downtime)

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As everyone tells you, if you cannot stop and restart the system, your only solution is to install a new dialog instance.

If you have enough hardware ressources, you can install a second dialog instance on the same hardware server.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installing a new dialog instance will be a bit hectic, if I would have been at your place, I would have used OPERATION MODES. Without this I don't see any other easy way round for you, I agree with the experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. We had to take downtime and modified the parameter.

At the same, we also configured the parameters to make use of the reserved WPs and dynamic WPs by which the WPs can be added or removed on a running system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/c24a5fb8db0e5be10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Karthick S