cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while processing SHPMNT in using big pack size 20 but not if 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to to process status 64 SHPMNT IDocs via background job using program RBDAPP01.

When I try to use Pack Size 20 (minimum preferred/suggested by SAP for better performance), I am encountering the status 54 error message "Processing terminated because not required or possible" when the SHPMNT IDocs are pointing to the same Shipment document.

According to the error message:

Processing of this IDoc is terminated because it is unnecessary or impossible. Reasons for termination may include:

1. The IDoc appears twice in the IDoc packet you just processed

2. The data included in the IDoc you entered does not provide unique identification of the application document concerned. For example, you enter the primary identification using field EXTI1. There could be two application documents with the same 'external identification 1'. In this case, there would be no way to tell which document should be changed.

So, I got the idea of trying Pack Size 1 and it worked!

So in conclusion, SAP (by default) does not allow processing of multiple SHPMNT IDocs referring to the same Shipment document in one packet.

Is it possible to disable/turn off this check so that SHPMNT IDocs will be processed using Pack Size 20 even if they are referring to the same Shipment?

Thanks and Regards,

Ruix

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruix,

We are running to exactly similar problem, Can you please share how you have resolved this issue?

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,

Kumar