cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification Number logic as per client requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have one requirement related to Quality Notification.

I have created four Z-notification types(Z1 - Z4) with config as well as with some enhancements.I have given internal number ranges.

Now client want number range as per thier requirements.

Let's say

Z1- NOE = N

Z2- DEV = D

Z3- NLE = L

etc.

Involving depts are

Warehouse-WH

Engg&Maint-EM

Production-PR

Quality ASSURANCE-QA

etc.

Now below logic client want in Notification numbering

Suppose Quality Notification Z1 created,then number should be come like NQA0704001

Where N = Z1=NOE Notification

QA = Involving Dept

07 = Date on which Notification created.

04 = month

001 = Running number

Could you suggest me any userexits/badi or any enhancement to meet this requirement.

Regards

sc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody is having any idea.....

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am not sure but you cannot have internal numbering to map this logic.

I would suggest to go with external number range if the requirement is so essential.

Just for curiosity , why such type of logic is required? If the purpose is reporting, you may have all sort of information through various TCodes.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Client want to add this logic for better tracebility I mean department wise he want to make analysis.

I have to use Exetrnal no. range only and I am checking some user exit or badi for to map my requirement.

Pl. let me know if anybody has any idea.

Regards,

SACHIN

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Itu2019s just a thought, check whether feasible.

All the fields that you need such as date, notification type, Dept responsible are available in QM11 report. Develop macro in excel in such a way that as soon as you export the report it will come as per your logic.

For any analysis purpose, the only factor to differentiate one notification from other is notification type and you have already configured these types. I think you need to use excel functionalities otherwise convince the client that analysis can be done without this numbering.

Another idea is,

Copy QM11 report. Develop Z report capturing all above details. In ABAP program itself develop a logic to calculate this notification coding dynamically, so that while executing report you will get the information.

I doubt whether any user exit will serve the purpose here.

Regards,

Anand Rao