Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTR text not displayed correctly

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have view in which there are 3 tables with 3 colums each.

All the data binding etc is fine and it is displayed correctly in the portal.

My issue is with the OTR texts maintained. The text for column headings in the table is binded with the OTR texts (created through transaction sotr_edit) $OTR:<package>/<alias> in properties value field.

We have an option to change the language in the portal. So when a language is selected, the texts for these column heading is displayed in the corresponding language selected.

But for some langauges selected, the texts show some random language instead of the one selected.

Any idea on how this can be corrected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

closed.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But for some langauges selected, the texts show some random language instead of the one selected.

Could those selected languages be ones with either arent' installed or where the OTR text isn't maintained in the backend? The Portal could contain many more languages than what are possible in the backend.

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

And sorry for delayed reply.

I could see that the binding of the OTR was not correctly done with the texts.

After i made the changes, the languages were displayed correctly.

My concern here is that i have made the changes as this is a custom development and the issue was solved.

But this same issue is seen in a standard component where the text was not displayed in the language selected and this issue is coming only for the users assigned to a particular role. And for all others, the texts are displayed with the language selected.

Any inputs on this would be helpful.

Thanks.