cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA View in Read Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

My client has asked me to build a WDA Application with a couple of views. The initial screen is fine, but the follow on screen is displayed entirely in read-only format (which really inhibits the effectiveness of my radiobuttons and dropdown boxes!).

The elements are not flagged as read only; the containers are enabled; it's as if there is a master setting on either the screen or the screen container that sets everything to read only, but I can't find the trigger for it.

It even looks like it's in read only when in SE80, let alone when the Application is executed. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi steve,

you can keep all in a group and then play with the enable property of the group...i hope this will work...

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahai,

Thanks for your prompt response. However, my issue was not how to maintain the read-only attributes, but the fact that an attribute was turned on somewhere.

However, I have resolved the problem. I had all my data in groups, and the groups were assigned to containers to enable column display (i.e.e 3 boxes on left hand side of the screen, 2 on the right). Then (for some bizarre reason) I had put this grid inside another container, effectively a 'screen' container holding all the other containers. By moving this redundant container, everything became normal, so obviously some thing in that container setting caused the problem.

It's all good now.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Try disabling the ROOTELEMENTCONTAINER of the view.

Untick the enabled property of the ROOTELEMENTCONTANER.

This will disable all UI elements of the view.

If you need some navigation buttons to be enabled then this case might not work.

In that case , you will need to embed the required view(without navigation buttons) into another view using VIEWCONTAINER UI element and disable this ViewContainer UI element.

Create navigation buttons in the view which embeds the required view...and hence navigation buttons will be enabled.

Please let me know if you are confused..:)

Thanks,

Aditya.