cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will soom be implementing SAP in Mexico so when we set up these new users we will need to set their correct timezone

I understand that the help values for the time zones come with the SAP provisioning framework but I do not see timezones for Mexico. We use the EST_NA,CST_NA,MST_NA and PST_NA North American time zones in SAP. There is only the US/Canada timezones with or without DST

I am confused since these time zones were added in 2007 to accomodate for the fact that Mexico uses the old DST rules when the US and Canada adjusted to the new DST schedule. IDM is a new install and should have already accounted for this!

See SAP note 1022730.

Did we get the wrong provisioning framwork version ?

Regards,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

as outlined in SAP note 1022730:

Excerpt begin:

In Mexico, for example, the

existing rules for the start and end of daylight saving time will

continue to apply for 2007.

Excerpt end.

And of course this is valid also beyond 2007.

Best regards,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nils,

That is incomplete! Remember that prior to 2007 Mexico, USA, and Canada used the same daylight saving rule. This DST rule was changed by note 919538.

Excerpt from note: 1022730:

Due to legal changes, daylight saving time begins in the USA and Canada on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November as of 2007.

However, these changes do not affect all countries that previously used the same time zones as the USA and Canada. In Mexico, for example, the existing rules for the start and end of daylight saving time will continue to apply for 2007.

For countries that do not make any adjustment to the daylight saving time rule, there is currently no time zone with a relevant "old" daylight saving time rule.

Due to these changes, it is necessary, from a technical point of view, to create new time zones and daylight saving time rules, and, in some cases to adjust the system time zones and the daylight saving time rule accordingly.

Note that, in addition to changing the system time zone and the user time zone, the time zones of various entities (such as business partners and customers) and the assignment of time zones to countries or regions may also have to be adjusted.

End of Excerpt

Where are these new time zones in IDM? I find an CST (Dallas) and CST (NO DST) but no CST for Mexico City.

Since Mexico does use a DST rule and it differs from that of the US (Dallas) there is no choice that is valid then for users in Mesico.

Is anyone running a version of IDM that includes 3 choices for Central Standard Time.

Regards,

Jim

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

forget about my previous reply - this was a misunderstanding.

As of 2007, the definition of the standard time zones like CST,EST, .... etc. used in the US was adapted by SAP.

Hence the US based customers could continue to use the time zones as before.

However Mexico did not follow the change and therefore SAP had to introduce new time zones.

The result was CST_NA, EST_NA .... etc.

These time zones should be used by countries like Mexico.

The excerpt you posted was a mix of the symptom and the solution section:

The following was the symptom:

For countries that do not make any adjustment to the daylight saving time rule, there is currently no time zone with a relevant "old" daylight saving time rule.

And this issue was fixed by the introduction of the new time zones (as described under the solution section).

Best regards,

Nils