cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define the WebService action URL as a parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I would like to ask a question related to the use of the WebService action block.

I've been using this action with no major issues, but would like to set the WSDL URL to be defined by a parameter. It could be in the shared memory, in the global properties, or somewhere else that is centralized. I've done some testing on this, but had no success...

Every real world project will have at least three different environments (DEV, QA and PRD), each with different settings for the web services that it must connect to, so I believe that a lot of people have dealt with this kind of problem.

Please give me your insight on how to do that.

I'm hoping not to get the answer: go to each action block and change the URL manually....

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The wsdl url can not be changed by a parameter. As long as all of the web services are the same you can link in the differents servers into the soap address of the wsdl doc. The wsdl url is always used to get the schema docs, so make sure whatever you leave in there will not go away.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, what happens when you have to transport your project from DEV to QA or QA to PRD and have to use web services from a different SAP client? Do you have to go to each WebService action block and change the URL?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would configure the action using the prd url, then use a parameter to link into the soapadress of the desired reciever; dev, qa, prd.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Jamie,

which is exactly the action parameter to which i can link dinamically different soap address?

I'm using 12.0.11 build (21) and I can see in the action these parameters:

WSDLBaseUrl

WSDLURL

Username

Password ecc..

Should I pass the link to the WSDL or what?

For example I have 3 web services on different machine (web services are identical), only deployed in different machines

Should I pass to WSDLBaseUrl, after importing the structure

"http://hostname:port/SapImport/WebService.asmx?WSDL"

or something else?

Thanks

Mauro

Answers (0)