cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension file to Document type for DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to add .extensions to the Document type in DMS.

For example i created document type ZER and i need to atttach .doc, .docx, .xls, xlsx, .rh & etc extensions.

How to configure these in DMS.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

This is a very basic requirement and discussed several times over in DMS forum.You need to setup 'Workstation applications' in DC30 transaction to achieve it.Please use the search utility for desired results.

You may start initially by understanding the concepts detailed in below Wiki section

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/2.%20Customizing%20%28CA-DMS-EAI%29?bc=true

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks pradeep,

Its clear now, but strange thing is that am unable to rate point to your answer.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please goto SPRO and find the menu path as below :

Cross-Application Components u2192 Document Managementu2192 Control Data u2192 Define document types.

But , before you config - A number range must be defined already.

After Define Document type , you need Specify your working directory there - to Allow Changes When Viewing Files .

Hope can help you.

TQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me in details, am not sure where i need to do that config.

I did created dc type ZXX and give all details like below( attributes).

Use Krpo

Status Changes

Rev.Lev.Assgmt

Version Assgmt

Archiving Authorization

Change Document

Use ACM

Display Object Links

Internal Number Range

and also done object links too, but i dont fine the where to add .extension file for document type.

I have around 20 types of .extensions files to add to that ZXX document type. If you can tell me in details that will help me allot.

Thanks,

Tarun.