cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO via inbound EDI. partner problem LIFNR - PARTN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on PO -> SO interface. Question on populating VOE4 (EDPAR).

in the inbound IDOC I have this segment:

E1EDKA1:

PARVW: AG

PARTN: external customer number (in my case it is purchasing organisation)

LIFNR: 'blank'

In forums it is told that segment LIFNR should be populated by external customer number.

What is the difference between PARVW and LIFNR? Does VOE4 look at PARTN for substitution?

in my case seems that it ignores PARTN at all..

Thanks,

Artashes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Working on PO -> SO interface. Question on populating VOE4 (EDPAR).

in the inbound IDOC I have this segment:

E1EDKA1:

PARVW: AG

PARTN: external customer number (in my case it is purchasing organisation)

LIFNR: 'blank'

In forums it is told that segment LIFNR should be populated by external customer number.

What is the difference between PARVW and LIFNR? Does VOE4 look at PARTN for substitution?

in my case seems that it ignores PARTN at all..>

My understanding is that PARVW should be used if you have the SAP Partner Number, you would then leave LIFNR blank and not use VOE4 at all. AG equates to Sold To so this would mean that PARTN would be the Sold To for the order in your case above. LIFNR is the customers location number and should be used with EDPAR (VOE4) to determine the PARTN number.

I think what you need is to know at least the Sold To Customer Number which would go into the EDS_DC record as I indicated. For EDI orders, the Sold To normally stays the same and the Ship To changes. You use VOE4 for the Ship To lookup. So you populate a KA1 record with the LIFNR store location of the customer and a PARVW of WE ( I Think) for Ship To. KUNNR on VOE4 is the Sold To you supplied on the EDS_DC record, EXPRN is the external location number of your customer and internal number is the Ship To number in SAP for that location. I hope that makes sense.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you need is the following.

On the EDIDC record, field SNDPRN, you need to have the Sold To customer number mapped. You'll also need to have the SoldTo setup in WE20 with a partner profile.

You can send in an Order to SAP with a Logical System in the above field but you then have to have the PARTN fields filled in with the correct Sold To Ship To. Which you typically would not have.

On the KA1 segments, you'll need two KA1 segments, one for the Sold To and the Other for the Ship To. Since you already would know the Sold To since you put it in the EDIDC record, just fill it in the PARTN field, unless your partner wants their store number back. Personally I would set it up this way with the external store number.

So you'll want a KA1 record with the AG qualifier for the Sold To and the LIFNR field filled in with the partners external number for the Sold To. This could be the Duns number or N1/04 code.

On the second KA1 for the ship to, set the qualifier to WE for Ship To and then fill in the LIFNR with the external store number.

You'll now need entries in VOE4 for each KA1. Customer would be the same as the Customer in the EDIDC record, field SNDPRN. external function is either SP or SH. External Number is the external number, either the DUNS number for the Sold To (Most likely) or the N1/04 code for the ship to. Int No is the Internal customer number for the Sold To and Ship To.

Sold To 55555

Customer Sender ID/Dunning # 123456789

External Ship To Store # 321

WE20 setup for Sold To 55555

VOE4 setup for 55555 SP SOLD TO 123456789 55555

VOE4 setup for 55555 SH SHIP TO 321 55555

I think what SAP Messed up on is the fact that we should not have an external cross reference or hard coding mechanism to populat the SNDPRN with a customer number for inbound transactions in order for the EDPAR table to work correctly. You can have a logical system at the EDIDC level but would need to populate the correct Sold To and Ship To on the KA1 segments. When using the LIFNR fields, SAP Uses the SNDPRN, External Partner Number and Partner Function on the KA1 record to determine the Internal Customer Number.

If anyone else has an opinion please let me know. I would love a way to be able to cross reference the Dunning Number for a partner to a Sold To within SAP and allow for the LIFNR fields to be used for the Ship To's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Now we solved the problem in different way - when I have a time will try what you propose and tell the results.

Regards,

Artashes

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Apr 21, 2011 1:49 PM Why dont you share how you solved ?? Also change the status of the thread to Answered