cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ajusts Database Statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My SAP environment was updated 4.6D to Ecc 6. Now we have been working pos-upgrade.

We verify in db13 a warning when our "Check and update optimizer statistics" executes. This warning was:

BR1310W Oracle automatic statistics collection job GATHER_STATS_JOB is active - it can conflict with BRCONNECT statistics runs. We applied this note 974781 to resolve. Now we have a doubt about this subject. This note recommends apply other note 838725 Oracle.

Do you know if we have got to apply this note (838725)? After this adjusts recommends in note 974781, our tasks in db13 was running successful.

Thanks,

Denis

Brazil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

Note 838725 describes how to create the necessary statistics using the BRCONNECT (or DBMS_STATS).

If your tasks on DB13 are running successfully, which call the BRTOOLS (BRCONNECT for example), you don't have to worry about it.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

I imagine, if we have got to apply this note...The tasks db13 in 4.6D reported us about extents indexes and tables. Now this tasks in Ecc doesn't do it. Is it normal? Is it a new feature in Ecc 6?

Thanks,

Denis

Brazil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Hi gurus,

>

>

>

> My SAP environment was updated 4.6D to Ecc 6. Now we have been working pos-upgrade.

>

> We verify in db13 a warning when our "Check and update optimizer statistics" executes. This warning was:

>

> BR1310W Oracle automatic statistics collection job GATHER_STATS_JOB is active - it can conflict with BRCONNECT statistics runs. We applied this note 974781 to resolve. Now we have a doubt about this subject. This note recommends apply other note 838725 Oracle.

>

> Do you know if we have got to apply this note (838725)? After this adjusts recommends in note 974781, our tasks in db13 was running successful.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Denis

> Brazil

First things first, if you have the mentioned job running (GATHER_STATS_JOB) that means that you have not followed ALL instructions on the oracle upgrade guide (I do not know if you are in 10g or 11g, I assume 10g)

SO

I do strongly recommend you to go to the mentioned guide and review ALL postupgrade steps and check if you have done them.

and I do mean ALL of them, including checking parameters and so on (the notes you mention are directly or indirectly mentioned on the steps)

That the jobs in DB13 are running successfully have nothing to do with the mentioned error message (or the missing steps)

and yes, you DO have to worry about the steps being done (even when Eduardo has another opinion)

> The tasks db13 in 4.6D reported us about extents indexes and tables. Now this tasks in Ecc doesn't do it.

could you specify exactly what task are you talking about?

The correct answer here would be to know if your tablespaces are locally managed tablespaces or dictionary managed tablespaces.

If they are LMTS, then you should not worry about it.

If they are dictionary managed, then you should take care, but the (OLD) recommendation is to migrate to LMTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for your reply.

We contracted a consulting to do this upgrade. They upgrade only SAP system, the database version is the same (Oracle 10g) - Solaris 9 to Aix 6. I don't know if this technical apply the recommends for SAP and Oracle about statistics.

About taks in db13 a mentioned...In 4.6D we had alerts about MAXEXTENTS of tables and indexes, we had to adjusts it with a sql command (alter table xxxx storage (MAXEXTENTS 520);). Now this alerts are correctly configured in db17 and Update Analyse Statistics doesn't show this. If a access the transaction SSAA, i have errors in "Database - Storage" with various tables and indexes.

And about LMTS, i don't know what is it.

Could you help me?

Thanks,

Denis

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

> They upgrade only SAP system, the database version is the same (Oracle 10g) - Solaris 9 to Aix 6.

But this issue may be from BEFORE. Somewhen you (someone) upgraded the DB to Oracle 0g (4.6C is quite old and I'm quite sure it was not installed with Oracle 10g)

The recommendation stands. The Oracle job that seem to be rnning shoul not be running on a SAP environment. I still recommend you to review the post upgrade steps to ee is they are missing (I find quite a lot of SAP customers that miss one or another)

LMTS is "LOCALLY MANAGED TABLESPACES"

new feature introduced in Oracle 9i.

In resume, with LMTS you do not "care" about maxextents anymore

Check SAP Notes

214995 - Oracle locally managed tablespaces in the SAP environment

409376 - Use of locally managed tablespaces for SAP R/3

620803 - Oracle 9i: Automatic Segment Space Management

you can check in DB02 the tablespace types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. We will apply this notes in our SAP environment.

Denis

Brazil