cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Async Sender Adapter - Many logons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a SOAP asynchronis sender adapter that is being used to recieve invoices. We are noticing that the suppliers who are invoicing us are calling the web service with all their invoices at the same time. (i.e. 2000 invoices in a matter of seconds). It appears that each of these web service calls goes through logon process.

Is there a way to configure a SOAP sender adapter to reduce the number of logons required for this situation?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VJ.

You wrote:

Change your interface to accept multiple invoices in one call

Are you suggesting that I should change the occurence setting on the Data Type for the Invoice Document from "1" to "1..Unbounded"? Or is there another method?

What is the standard process in PI for setting up an asynchronis web service?

Thanks,

Matt

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But you would have to change your mapping also accordingly if you are using an IDOC on the inbound side.

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the sender has requirement to compile more than one invoice in the same call then you can design sender message occurence 1 to m any and accomodate many calls in one and llimit your PI logon during at one time.

Remember if you change occurence in sender you might have to tweak the design on the receiver side too.

Hope that helps.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change your interface to accept multiple invoices in one call. SOAP adapter treats each individual service call as a separate log on and this would sometime exhaust the number of logons possible on PI server and processing becomes slow. The default log on session is 100 I guess.

VJ