cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are implementing a a new PS system and replacing the old one. Th PS systems integrates with SAP to create sales documents, invoices, recognize revenue and also at the end does the financial postings in SAP.

So we are having a new DIP profile to accommodate some new characteristics that the new system is having.

The question I have is: In Resource Related Billing, has anybody changed the DIP profile (to a new one) on existing orders that already have the dynamic items created (that have invoices and financial postings) with old profile.

If you did experience a similar situation, please let me know.

Also if you want to know more about our scenario let me know that too.

Looking for early responses.

Thanks,

Sravani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can change the DIP profile in exsiting sales order or inquiry. When u create a billing request after changing the DIP profile, system will generate new dynamic Items with New DIP profile. But u can not change the existing billing request. To change the existing billing request you need to cancle the billing request and again create with new DIP profile.

Please check this scenario first in Development.

If any query pls revert back.

Rgds

Dhirajjjj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your responses and at the same time sorry about the delayed response. I was very very busy at work.

we solved the situation by creating new orders for the old order that had service lines with old DIP profile. while creating new orders we created them only for the service lines that were not billed (with old DIP profile). we went live with solution in May and after that we had three billing cycles and so far had no issues.

If you have any question please feel free to ask me. I am closing the thread as I have solved it.

Thanks,

Sravani

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to be very careful. Resource Related Billing always reevulates the full history of expenses, activities on your sources. If you just swicth to a new DIP (with new characteristics that do not match the old) you will rebill everything from the start.

One thing to try is to specify a range of periods in the selection for the DIP sources - i.e. the old will have a selection up untill one period. The new DIP will select from then on.

This is still going to be tricky. You need to test very carefully.