Hi,

How to disable edit option in logon pad

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restrict the access to write to the folder where the saplogon.ini file is located. This way the logon entries cannot be edited

Poornima

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My guess is that you're trying to restrict possibility for changing saplogon.ini file by any of users. I think that it's much easier to copy this file to network directory for which everybody have read-only access.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you mean the "edit system" button? Are you trying to distribute a pre-made list of systems to your users in saplogon.ini by default?

I believe this has to be disabled by creating a registry key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually if you are looking to disable the "Edit" option so end users cannot change or modify the existing Logon Pad options systems, you can.

What version are you using for SAP GUI?

7.10 has icons to the right which allow changes. (New, edit, etc)

7.20 has icons across the toolbar at the top. (pencil, paper, trashcan)

For both versions, Navigate to C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui (Default location)

In there you will find 2 executeables:

saplgpad.exe

saplogon.exe

If you run the saplogon.exe it will allow edit, delete and modify

If you run the saplgpad.exe:

On the 7.10 version the buttons are gone.

On the 7.20 version, the buttons are grayed out.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Your response as to how SapLogon.s8l works vs. Saplgpad.s8l is just what I was looking for.

I have a user who has been reporting on / off that the ability to edit entries is disabled and the icons are grey'd out.

Now we know why. Just have to figure out now why her desktop shortcut properties is changing to Saplgpad.s8l ... most likely user is creating a new shortcut themself.

Bob

paul_brough
Discoverer
0 Kudos

So Glad i found this, my only problem was i have my saplogon.ini in a place where everyones client pointed to and they had no write access BUT for some unknown reason if they disabled SNC it disabled it for everyone, using saplogonpad has helped stop that now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Rajesh,

what do you mean by "edit option". AFAIK there is no edit options in SAP Logon Pad

cheers

Alexander