cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect Code Entry --> Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

I'm entering Defect Codes in an Inspection Lot which in-turn create a Notifications. But the notification text comes blank. Could somebody please suggest where to maintain the text for it to populate as Notificaion text.

Cheers

Deepal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell exactly where you are getting the Blank name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

thanks for the responce, its the notificaiton text comes in the Header. I use notification type M1. Thus the notifications created with out the Notificaiton Header Text

Cheers

Deepal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, it this text coming from Master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Notification text actually comes from the Notification Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your responce. Can you please guide me as to where in notification customization to set the same ?

Cheers

Deepal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepal, I think you are talking about the description filed in subject tab.

Correct me if understanding is incorrect.

1. You can make description field mandatory. It may serve the purpose.

2. Remember this setting is at client level and will be applicable for all PM and QM notification types.

3. Follow this path QCC0àQuality Notifications-> Notification creation->Notification Types->Define Screen templates-> Field Selection: General Screens->Find RIWO00-HEADKTXT->Click on required field.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your responce. Well, making the field mandatory doesn't help, It has to be filled with something when the notification is created via Inspection Lot. currently it comes blank.

Cheers

Deepal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepal,

First of all please clarify, whether the description field under subject tab is the same you mean?

This description may vary as per the case notification to notification.

What description you want to past there? If it would be same for all notifications in what way this would be helpful to you for reporting?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It is not the subject text. Its the Notification Header Text which comes right after the Notificaiton Number and Type. Infact this is the main text in Notification.

Notification Type is M1

Cheers

Deepal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it standard functionality Notificaiton Header Text comeing blank for the notificaitons created from inspection lot?

Cheers

Deepal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepal,

To the best of my knowledge yes.

This field is used to put usersu2019 own remarks that would be used for reporting purpose. This field is used as subject data line just to give idea to the report viewer for what this notification was created by reading subject line. This field gets reflected in IW29 report.

I tried as this in my system,

1. IW21. Doesnu2019t matter if I create through any inspection lot or manually. Effect remains same.

2. Input notification type M1

3. After pressing enter, there I find short text, just right adjacent to notification M1.

4. If you type anything here, the same gets reflected in description field under subject tab. Just try it.

5. If you mean above text as notification header text, it is same as description field.

I have one basic question here,

Let us assume the field which is coming blank right now, if it comes with pre-defined value, in what way that data will be useful to you. I would like to understand the purpose of this requirement. If subject line of all notification is same, how will you differentiate one notification from another.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply,

There is a basic difference between creating a notificaiton directly in IW21 and done via another object such as Inspection Lot/ Maintenance Plan/ Maintenance Order. In IW21 the user should enter a text as there is no other reference to it.

But in the case of Inspection Lots/PM Order/Maintenance Plan the notificaiton is a subsuquent action thus always pass the releven referance data in to it (Header Text is one of them).

For ex. in situations where Notifications are created from PM Order or Maintenanc Plan, the Order Text and Maintenance Plant Text is passed on to the Notificiaon text respectively. Therefore I'm sure there is some text in Inspection Lot as well to be passed on to Notification (may be inspection result text, or characteristic texts) but I cant find it.

Cheers

Deepal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepal Ratnayaka,

yes,it's standard functionality by which it comes blank.

u can enter text by activating or changing notification in defect recording screen,

1. when u enter defects in inspection lot, u can see notification change/notification activate button.

2. if u click on notification activate button , one pop will come. enter required text in Problem detail description and continue. this text will be copied to notification header

3. if u click on notification change then go to subject tab abd add description, save. this text will be copied to notification header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your help.

Answers (0)