cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP Stock transfer between two sublocations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to use Rules Based ATP to create an Stock Transfer between two sublocations in the same plant?

The source sublocation (Storage Location) is assigned to a Storage Location MRP Area

In the Rules we have defined a Location determination procedure that if it does not find ATP quantities in the main location it searches in the Storage Location MRP Area (Location Type 1077). The idea behind this rule is to treat the Storage Location MRP Area as a diferent location, but it does not works.

I thank in advance for your kind cooperation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignasi,

Location type 1007 is Storage Location MRP Area so technically it should be possible to trigger cross sub location STR's as result of rule check. However test for coversion of these STR's into STO's in PPDS.

Please do share any success met on this.

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ignasi,

I hope you have CIFed your MRP AREAS and followed the steps as per SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5d/25cfb690fdf540a50e02a798b4efee/frameset.htm

If the requirement is to create stock transfer between MRP AREAS then you need to assign activity type to your location determination procedure.

Activity type can be maintained through Rule Control and with in activity type "flag" stock transfer.

You will see sales order and stock transfer requisition between your MRP Areas.

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath / Verma,

The STR is between a Production Location an a MRP Area Location.

I have created the rule, but no STR are created. It does something very strange instead of what is expected.

For example,

I have 2 storage locations in PLANT1:

- STL1 has 100 units of product 1

- STL2 has 200 units of product 1. This SL is assigned to an MRP area

In APO the No check on sublocation level check is unchecked.

I have cifed production location and the MRP area so two locations are created: one is type 1001 and the other is type 1007.

I have defined a Rule, so if there is not enough ATP cuantities in PLANT1 (Type 1001) it should search in the MRP Area (type 1007)

If I have a sales order that asks for 150 units, rule is trigered.

First thing that is very strange: when I see the Storage location substitution list, I cannot see the MRP Area. What I see is the production location.

The other problem is when i look at the ATP quantities during ATO verification, they do not match with the ones I can see in RRP3.

Anyway, I have taken a look at the link that Verma sent me, and I understand that if I use RBATP to create STR between storage locations, sub positions are created, and there is a requirement in our project that no subpositions should be created. So, even if I can make it work, I cannot used... Seems that I may investigate the problem in my spare time.

Thanks a lot for your help.