cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport error in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have 2 parallel development environments D1 & D2 for parallel projects.D2 is a copy of D1.

I have transports (80) which are gone into production from D1 after system copy.

So we moved the transports from D1 to D2 and transports are successfully imported (We imported them individually)

As D2 is a Dev System we have T2 which is again copy of D1.

D2T2

Ok now our basis team created a Transport of Copies and performed a merge to consolidate 80 transports (imported individually) in to 4 in D2 and tried to move it to T2 but they are failing with below error:

Start of the after-import method RS_ODSO_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) ODSO (Activation Mode)

The object name is not allowed to be empty

Error R7 105 during after import handling of objects with type(s) ODSO

Start of the after-import method RS_TRFN_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) TRFN (Activation Mode)

BF90MTJCGSYJUXOSRFALPZVAS M CL_RSTRAN_RSFO GET_FORMULA_FROM_DB

0KGOHLO9GKOORC012F7RMZFT5UGKHFQ5 T CL_RSTRAN_STAT COPY_ON_DATABASE

I checked the transformations there are no formulas or routines used u2026there are only straight one to one mappings

Any ideas how to resolve this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you transport the DSO along with it's connected transformations? This is the recommended way to do it.

Please create another request in your source system following the

procedure below: rsa1=>transport connection=>Option "only necessary objects"

The error message:

"The object name is not allowed to be empty

Message no. R7105"

should be corrected with SAP note 1266603.

After implementation of the note, please create another transport request collecting all the necessary objects.

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we transported the DSO As well along with the Transformations...

SAP Note 1266603 is not relevant to us as we are in Service Package SAPKW70108 release 701 and level 0008

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christopherdcosta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure how many of those errors you have, but in any case it is the case of a missing formula in a transformation, and it can be easily repaired.

If you don't have loads of errors, then I suggest to start with try to identify the transformation in question. Connect to the target system and see which transformation is inactive.

Go back to your development system and just force reactivate the transformation even if it is active already, and capture it in a transport request. Just for added security, also reactivate the DTP (including any Error DTP), which should normally also have been de-activated in the original transport, and will need reactivating.

This makes it a "clean" transport sending only the required parts to activate the transformation.

You can also gather the objects by using the transport connector, or better still use it to check that your formulas have been captured during the activation process.

If the formulas do not appear to be assigned to your request in the transport connector, then you probably do have a further technical issue with your system which may be resolved by SAP Note, or Authorisations or some other possibility. Formulas should normally be added to your transport automatically, and if they are not then something is wrong.

Lastly if for any reason you are not seeing the formulas attached to your transport, use the transport connection to manually add them.

Then you're free to send this new transport on again.

I hope that helps

Chris