cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrapping from Quality Inspection Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to scrap the material from the Quality Inspection area. If i am trying to use 553/551 its not working its asking me to do the process through QM only.

So i tried to reject the lot in QA12, but unfortunately i am not getting the tab "Inspection Lot Stock" tab to post the material to the scrap. Please guid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the status of the inspection lot.It must be SPRQ.Then only stock posting screen is visible.

Also enter cost center for scrapping in Plant level settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help......

The system status for the inspection lot is "UD ICCO STUP" and the user status is "CRTD". The usage decision code for the lot is Rejected but the stock is still lying in Quality Inspection Area.

How the status for the lot can be changed to "SPRQ" and proceed further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"UD ICCO STUP" Indicates that either this lot is manually created or lot is not stock relevant.

You can not change the status to SPRQ after UD or if lot is not stock relevant.

What is inspection type?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Sujit is correct.

1. This is not the inspection lot you require.

2. Sometimes is happens that you give UD without posting the stock.

3. Check possibility of such inspection lot whether it exists or not through QVM2 . The lots in QVM2 are stock relevant.

4. If you find lot in QVM2, post it as per your requirement.

Best regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Apr 7, 2011 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The inspection type for the lot is 08 type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

While checking in QVM2, no entry is found for the same batch. The inspection type is 08 and it is stock relevant.

can you give me ur mail id so that i can send you the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its bit confusing like

1.you are associating mvt type 551 /553 with 08 inspection type which is never possible.

2.It has to be inspection type 05

Now lets get back to origin.Check the material status in MMBE & relevant material document in MB51.

You are missing something !!

The lot on which you are working is not going to solve your purpose ( presume 08 inspection type) there is one lot exists with SPRQ status in QA32..............check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the steps which user has performed :-

Stock for the material was available for a particular batch say A.

The quantity of 1 each for the material was transferred to another batch say B the movement type 323.

Stock for the material was transferred to Quality Inspection area.

Now usage decision for inspection lot with origin 08 is Rejected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

check out your original thread/question and this one both are completely different & confusing !!

I am trying to scrap the material from the Quality Inspection area. If i am trying to use 553/551 its not working its asking me to do the process through QM only.

So i tried to reject the lot in QA12, but unfortunately i am not getting the tab "Inspection Lot Stock" tab to post the material to the scrap. Please guid

Now come back to your new question

Stock for the material was transferred to Quality Inspection area.

Now usage decision for inspection lot with origin 08 is Rejected.

How you have transfered the material to quality.which T code & mvt type you used ?

As i understand 323 should not create 08 inspection type lot !!

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahew,

1. If you try to execute movement 551 through MB1A system will never throw error to process from quality, as 551 removes the stock from unrestricted use.

2. For executing 553 movement type, you must process through QA32/QA12 only, as 553 removes the stock from quality inspection.

3. Check the stock of the material in MMBE. If the stock is in unrestricted then 551can be used. If the stock is in quality inspection, inspection lot must exists.

4. What is the system status of the lot you are processing?

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

System status for the lot is "UD ICCO STUP". And the Valuation code for the lot is already Rejected.