SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchandise Categories and reference articles in Retail Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Retail friends,

I want to use your client knowledge as a reference to my clients implementation.

My client is implementing IS-Retail and as a result we are creating MC's to the different departments in the company.

As we all know, MC's has reference article attached to help the creation and change process a bit easier.

My question is as such:

I need to keep specific information on the MC level that does not exist in the MC (Class 026) - do you have any suggestion on where to use it other than in the Reference article of the MC?

Another question is: in other client implementations, does every MC has a unique reference article or does the reference articles shared through out the hierarchy?

Thank you in advance

Idan

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a possibility of having characteristics at MC level. The characteristics can have values and cal be used for all articles under that MC.

Each MC can or cannot have a unique reference article. Reference artcles can be shared, but it is recomended to have a separate Reference article for each MC.

Cheers

Barry

0 Kudos

Thank you,

But that i knew. That was not the question. What i wanted to know if there is any data retention level on the MC level itself and not on the MC/Article level.

And also what about the reference articles? did you create for every MC a reference article?

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Merchandise Category is not exactly a data retention level but a data accumulation level. If the intention is to look at sales and stock values at MC, yes we can do it as article su-total roll up to MC total and as correctly mentioned in the previous post, you can use characteristics to hold different attributes of article as master data for articles.

Again, creation and assignment of Ref article for every MC is not mandatory and a single article can be used for more than one MC as reference article if you are just holding very basic information on it which you believe, will be common for all the articles under these MC's. Just create MC ref article for one of the MC and for the rest, just assign it manually (or if the number is higher, just create a small BDC, won't take more than 5 min to do the job of this assignment.).

I believe your query is answered well, award points accordingly.

Cheers

Kunwar

0 Kudos

Hey Kunwar,

I do appreceate your answer although it didnt answer my question entirly.

Kind Regards

Idan

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I would also appreciate, if you ask your questions clearly and without any ambiguity. There is no worries in asking further questions, from the tail of earlier questions and its replies, but request you to frame it rightly keeping intact the basic system design understanding.

All the best.

Regards,

Kunwar