cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface for Web service with multiple operations

former_member211904
Participant
0 Kudos

When I create a client/consumer proxy in SE80 for a web service with multiple operations, the system generates a single proxy object with multiple methods corresponding to each of the operations.

However, when our PI resource creates interfaces in PI based on the same WSDL, these end up as several interfaces in SPROXY. When I generate proxy objects for these, they end up as a separate proxy class, each with one method for one of the web service operations.

What is worse is that for each interface, it generates a separate structure for the same type defined in the WSDL. Generating a consumer proxy directly from the WSDL, it reuses the types for the methods.

How can one get PI to produce a similar interface so that one proxy class with several methods is produced, and it only generates one structure corresponding to each type in the WSDL?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

This is very common and absolutely Possible..

Firstly, create an external definition(say ED_Test) with the WSDL in ESR.

Then, Create a Service Interface (say SI_Test) and provide parameters. Make sure the Interface Pattern is NOT Stateless XI30- Compatible.

In the Definition tab, there is Operation option. Defaultly an operation with the name of the Service Interface is present (i.e. SI_Test).

Press the plus sign and add one separate operation say ZTest1 (may be more than one also).

Make these operations point to the operations of the WSDL in ED_Test, using Type as External Message.

Now generate proxy using sproxy in backend system. The proxy class will have two operations.!!

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Cheers,

Souvik

former_member211904
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I gave your reply to our PI guy, and it gave us what we needed. Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create service interface with multiple operations. In each operation use external message type and choose WSDL methods.. Likewise, you can add many operations and each specfic to one WSDL method or function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

I am trying to create a proxy with multiple methods and it just gives me a short dump while creating.

However when i try to create the proxy with only one method it works fine without issues.

issue comes up with i have more than one method in my Service interface and try to generate a proxy in backend whether inbound or outbound. I am working on PI 7.4 and backend is on basis 7.40 SP 05.

What you guys have mentioned above.. Is that really possible?