cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record skipping in inbound message in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the MTB parameters in Out file channel and mentioned the key field name and key field values to identify the records.

Ex: Header record is identified as with key field value "HDR"

Detail record is identied with key field value "DTL"

etc..

My text file is with multiple records HDR,0,DTL,*,TRL,1

In Detail records few records are with RecordType other than DTL. So when processing the message the record is getting skipped in moni.(i.e only DTL records are getting and the records other than record type "DTL" are skipped).

I want raise an alert if Record type is not DTL and stop the processing but the message itself is not coming in moni.

How to handle the above problem.

Inputs are welcome.

Sabitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabitha

Better way is to read all the records normally and in mapping try to differentiate between header ,item and trailer and check if item is not starting with DTL call another business service which has an mail adapter as reciever whcih sends out an error mail

or

Try calling an script in post processing step of adpter check for records which doesnt have DTL and send an error message

or

Try writing an custom adapter module which does this

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fixed length file . Is this be handled in mapping. if yes how can we do this.

Try calling an script in post processing step of adpter check for records which doesnt have DTL and send an error message - I am new to work on this. could u please explain in detail how to create scripts and access that in channel.

I addition to this we need to stop processing the message if Record type is invalid.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your configuration, provide room for accepting detail records both DTL and non DTL. Say Non DTL records starting with Ex: NNN

Header,1, DTL,*, NNN, * , Trailer,1

Mapping specify NNN as o to unbounded.

Check in mapping if NNN record exists using function exist(). If so, stop processing and send message to email reciever adapter or so. saying message stopped due to invalid data in file . If no record non DTL records exist do the processing and sent it to target system.

Also use Alert configuration.

Hope that helps.

Answers (0)