cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Apllication stops on on changing the IE enlargement from 100% to xxx%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've a problem with the enlargement function of the IE8.

When I change this from 100% to for example 125%

the hole WDA-Appl. is stopipng and I get no more repsonse in any way.

Only killing the WDA-Appl. with the Task-Manager helps.

Has somebody an idea!?

Thank you

Best regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you very much for your quickly replying!

Only one more question:

Does it mean that also the note 1403775 (SP21) would not solve this problem!?

Thank you

Heinz

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Note 1403775 has no corrections in. It simply documents that fact that using a zoom factor other than 100% is not supported and will lead to rendering errors which we can not correct becuase they are caused by the browser (Microsoft), not us.

Note 1530264 will fix the issue of the browser locking up. However it doesn't correct the above mentioned rendering errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once more,

so we had to explain this to our customers!

Have a nice, sunny evening!

Heinz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes. This is a known/documented error. Please see Service Note 1530264 and 1496565. Please note that in general the zooming factor feature of IE8 is not supported. Note 1530264 corrects the lock ups, but doesn't correct the rendering errors caused by zooming (which according to 1496565 are errors on Microsoft's side and not SAP's).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas

We have the same freezing issue (when chaning to zoom factor) on WDA

But we are currently on 7.00 (abap) and the oss note 1530264 are for 7.01... are there any solution for this issue on 7.00, so we don't get the freezing?

Our WDA are used on a eCommerce solution (external customers) so we are NOT able to write to all our customers about this issue...

Please help us

Besr regards

Lars Bregnedal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the note doesn't match your release level, I can really only suggest that you open a support ticket and ask for a clarification. There might be a separate note of fix requirement (like a dependent support package) for your release level. Or the current note might just need updating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I have created a Support message on the service.sap.com - lets us hope this helps...

Lars