Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY Cleanup - Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below is an issue, can anyone help me on this

long back we have defined the systems in SMSY using TMS/RFC. recently we have setup central SLD and forwarding the data to local SLD in solman. have changed the source to SLD in SMSY_SETUP. but the data is not overwritten from SLD.

1.The existing SMSY (TMS/RC) has lot of manually created, inconsistent products version entries..all these to be removed and expecting this to be done automatically by SLD or any alternatives.our final goal is to have SLD as data source and any updates in SLD further has to be replicated in SMSY too

2.customer wants the data to be synched from SLD

your help is highly appreciated. thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul's answer is correct, that's how I have to fix things in SMSY. Shouldn't he get points for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thnaks for the helpful response

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SLD will not overwrite any manual changes made in SMSY.

Also the datasource is SMSY is not selectable, it is informational, telling you the last used datasource.

If you have set up the system correctly in SLD, then delete the system from SMSY and run a Landscape_Fetch job.

This will recreate the system using only the SLD data, and will not retain the manually made entries.

So since you have made a lto of manual changes, you need to delete the system if you want the SLD to update it with all the information it contains.

This will resolve the problem as described.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Is the JOB LANDSCAPE FETCH running in your Solution Manager system. This is the job which picks data from SLD of SOLMAN and put it in SMSY....

Thanks

Aditya Khorana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your Solman version?

Regards

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

My Solman is 7.0 Ehp1 SP23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can some one help

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalees,

Thanks for the link,but it says how to setup your data source, my case is different.