cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Pricing - LUMF + discount at header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am facing an issue when using a BOM material. I have read in previous threads but have not found the solution.

I have created a BOM material, setting the Item Cat. Group = LUMF, which will take the Item Categories = TAP (at header level) and TAN (at item level) in the sales order.

I have additionally created the pricing condition KUMU, which takes the value from the sub-items and cumulates then into the header.

Now I have 2 questions where you may help me:

1) The condition KUMU (which is set up as statistical) appears in the header Item as the sum of the sub-items values, which is correct, but the value is not copied into the value of the header line. Do you know how to retrieve this value in the net value of the line?

2) Due to a client requirement, it is also needed to apply a discount at BOM header level that has to apply to the components. DO you know how should I create this condition? I have tried to use a discount at header level to apply to component level, but it does not work, since the LUMF item category does not price the header level.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Julian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Julian

Is there any specific reason you are using LUMF item category group?

if you use ERLA instead of LUMF, you can achieve both of your requirement.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, reason of using LUMF is because of reporting at item level. It is needed to know the values of each material (discount, charges...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu_Sin/ RiteshTailor,

Can you please explain how this can be achieved? When I use ERLA, all components are irrelevant for pricing and if i use LUMF main item is irrelevant for pricing. It would be good if you can explain in detail.

If i understand the requirement correctly, Item will be priced at main item level and the discount applied at main item level should be distributed to components.

thank you

challa

0 Kudos

Please let me know if there are any solution on this, we have similar requirement. Thanks a lot.

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

for the second requirement you may use the main material number as the ref pricing material (material master sales view)

for the materials of the bom components then define the discount condition record for the main material number.

Thank you and best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khaled,

but it does not work bcos as the item category group LUMF takes the price for the component (and the header price is not displayed), then if I set up the price ref. mat. of the components to be the header, the total value of the order will be zero (since price of the header material is zero).

Any other idea?

I was thinking in creating a rule to apply the discount of the header condition at the sub-item conditions, but I am not sure whether this can be done.

Regards

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julian,

Use ERLA instead of LUMF

Regards,

Ashu