Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Terminator & Multiple Rulesets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I actually have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to define multiple rulests (3 companies = 3 sap systems, totally different processes and sap modules, 1 GRC AC installation) and use them in RAR ?

2. How can I determine whiche ruleset is used for which system in Risk Terminator ?

3. Is it possible to define the risks which should be checked in Risk Terminator (I don't want low and medium Risks to be checked) ?

Many thanks for your replies !

Cheers,

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I confirm, not exists the possibility to use different ruleset by different companies.

The integration works only for a standard rule matrix.

Regards,

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies. This is interesting, Claudio says it is not possible, Swarna says it is possible. In the meanwhile I have found a document that says SAP recommends only to use one ruleset. As far as I know a Function ID cannot be assigned to several Risks when the Risks are in different rulesets. The consequence would be also to multiple the Functions ...

Kind regards

Max

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There's different levels to that question...

Risk Terminator will use whatever is defined in RAR as Standard Rule Set and Default Risk Level.

You can use multiple rule sets, but it makes managing rules a lot more complicated.

You can also just create different risks in one global rule set. Just define th functions in a way so that they only have actions assigned for one company.

Frank.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

RAR could have multiple rules sets.

But RAR (for Management Reports and the possible integration with CUP) needs a Standard/single Rule Set.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Max

Answer to your three questions in the same order.

1. You can configure multiple rule sets to cater the functional requirements. Keep the ruleset which you want to use for a specific system risk analysis, as default ruleset, in configuration tab - default values - Default Rule Set, in RAR.

2. The risk ternminator uses the default ruleset that is choosen in the configuration tab, default values - Default Rule Set, in RAR.

3. Choose the risk level as High in the Configuration tatb - default values - Default Risk Level in RAR. Risk terminator doesn't have a seperate option to choose the risk level and the default values are taken from RAR.

Regards

Swarna