Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How assign Z configuration to WDA standard application

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need make some changes to standard application Course Registration PIQ_MBSS_OIF wich is FPM application and uses FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

This application has standard configuration PIQAC_MBSS_OIF so i copied it to Z_PIQAC_MBSS_OIF configuration and i made changes.

My doubt is How can i assign this z configuration to the application ?

I go to SE80 until application and i modify the configuration name parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID, but then appears message TR(852); it lets me modify the parameter but i do not if this is the right way to assign new z configuration to the standard application.

Does somebody can help please.

Best Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have some suggestion that you need to change the portal iView configuration. That may well be correct, but are you even running this within the Portal? If the application seems stuck with your Z-Configuration, it doesn't seem likely that it is the Portal Configuration that is the problem, since you would have had to change the Portal configuraiton to begin with.

Test from SE80 and see what happens. This test won't use the Portal iview configuration at all since it isn't running in the portal.

In general if you are going to create a new configuration (or copy from an SAP one), consider creating a whole new Z-Application. That way there is less confusion as to what configuration ID is used with which Application. Plus you can always easily fall back to running the standard SAP version by running the origianl Application.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas

I'm just testing in SE80 (i do not know how to test in portal) .

In fact if i test in SE80 directly (by right-click and test) the configurations original and z ; each one executes ok.

But if i test (in SE80) the Application, even that it has configuration parameter set to original configuration , it executes the z configuration; that is because i do not know why this is happening. Any idea ?

Thanks & Regards

Frank

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well since you are running from SE80, it has nothing to do with Portal Configuration - so no use wasting time looking into that. I can only guess that during your changes you accidentally changed the application so that it points to your Z-configuraiton. Perhaps you accidentally change the SAP application configuration to point your z-component configuration? Without seeing your objects, it is very different to suggest what is wrong.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for advise me do not check por Portal settings.

I did not changed any value from original configuration but how you says without see my settings is very difficult know what is happening.

In fact the first time i restore parameter to original configuration it works ok, but then i modified it again to z configuration ; and and return againt to original configuration and then application executes always z configuration (i hope i am explaining).

So what i had to do is erase Z configuration in order to force application to execute the original conf. because z does not longer exists.

I'm going to create z configuration again but i wont modify application parameter again , so i will test z conf. directly with right-click/Test.

Thanks a lot all.

Best Regards

Frank

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Frank,

Hope you are doing ok.

Actually i am trying to do componenet configuration of Personal Profile application.

Would you please advise me or  help me with some document  , so that i can progress..

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in potal content administrator while creating iview goive configuration id over there.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kanchi01

Could you please help me about how can i modify the portal administrator ivew ?

Regards

Frank

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The application configuration can be assigned dynamically by adding the

query string sap-wd-configID=<appl_config> to the URL used to start the

Web Dynpro application.

2. An application configuration can be assigned to the application statically. In

this case the parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID has to be added to the

application’s parameter list and the name of the application configuration

(<appl_config>) has to be defined as the value of this parameter.

An application configuration assigned to an

application statically can be replaced by adding the query

string sap-wd-configID=<appl_config> to the URL (e.g.

sap-wd-configID=default results in loading the default configuration

independent of the application parameter settings).

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran, Abhimanyu

Please let me explain in detail; i already modified the parameter and assign the new Z configuration ; i executed the application and its shows the changes i made , this is ok.

But the problem is that now i want to execute the original (standard) configuration , so i again modify the parameter now to 'PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' but the applications remains executing the z configuration with changes i made.

I debbug when i execute the application and it has the right configuration value ''PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' , but when web browser opens first application screen i go to MoreFieldHelp and it has the configuration value ''Z_PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' .

I thought i made wrong because when i modified parameter to z configuration appears message TR(852) , so I really do not know why this is happening, the application has the configuration parameter set to 'PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' but it executes 'Z_PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' configuration .

Any idea please ?

Thanks & Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you also changed the WDCONFIGURATIONID ? Try to see in all places the replacement from zcomponent config to SAP stand configuration correctly happened.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes this parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID is just wich i set to original configuration value ; i did not modified any original configuration only made change in the z configuration , so i can't find why the application call z configuration if it has other value in configuration name parameter.

I was been investigated a lot in tutorials, links, etc. but i don't find any topic about how to restore standard FPM configuration to some application.

Thanks & Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am not sure if I understood your situation here.

You said you copied the standard application to a Z-application.

So now 2 different applications exist.

Standard---This has a application configuration named 'PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' .

Z-application---This has a seperate application configuration named 'Z****'.

Now if you pass 'PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' to configurationid when you test your Z-application, how can you expect it to work..when it does not have any such configurations?...

I might he wrong...Request the experts to throw some light on this..

I feel a new application is getting created in this scenario...

Thanks,

Aditya.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

I did not copied the standard application, i copied the standard configuration.

So i have the standard application PIQ_MBSS_OIF with two configurations 'PIQAC_MBSS_OIF' and 'Z_PIQAC_MBSS_OIF'.

The application has in 'Parametrs' Tag the WDCONFIGURATIONID parameter for set the configuration name to execute.

So first i set this parameter to Z_PIQAC_MBSS_OIF and the application executes this configuration with my changes.

But then i set the parameter to PIQAC_MBSS_OIF but application remains executing the z configurations with changes.

I guess this is because last reply saids i must change also the portal administrator iview , but i do not how to do this.

Thanks & Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have done it right. Also I assume that this is transported as enhancement.