cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring MDM catalog selection to PS in ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At our customer we want to enter the MDM catalogs from a work order in CU or PS, select goods from the catalogue and transfer them into the work order.

For punch outs we have managed to do so already hower the products our customer has in storage have to be accesible in this way as well.

I think we can upload the material master (complete with pictures etc.), customer master etc. into MDM, then create masks and allocate users to these masks but how does the user interface looks like, so how can the user acces the MDM catalogue and select the materials he/she wants to transfer into the work order in CU/PS in ECC?

So:

1. how to define the (web based? via web services?) user interface;

2. how to transfer the materials from the MDM catalogue into the CU or PS work order.

Thanks a million!

Mark

Edited by: Fleskesm on Apr 6, 2011 9:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this thread [;

Edited by: Adrivit on Apr 6, 2011 9:27 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1 : since you have SRM in the landscape : SAP would entertain your request in integrating MDM catalog with ECC

(as far as I know there is no direct integration possible ) - so plz raise a SAP OSS

Q2: is straight fwd with minimal effort

ask your IT guy to download the MDM Portal Business content from SAP SMP and deploy in the java server (Portal) to access the info from Portal (any portal guy should be able to help in here )

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Adrivit!

This certainly gave me a boost in the right direction.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I am implementing ECC with MDM catalog.We dont have SRM in landscape.

Can you let me know if I can use standard SRM MDM repository for this along with the standard portal provided by SAP or is it going to be a custom development overall/

Regards

Muniyappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the MDM Catalog UI (Java WebDynpro app) comes bundled with SAP SRM !

so if you dont have SRM you cant use the SAP standard SRM-MDM catalog - clear !

but it is possible access the contents of MDM (products etc) from the MDM iViews / WD components from the portal as well

calling the app in that case should be an issue as its like calling a URL (Java server:port like that )

but the challenge would be send data from the MDM to your calling app. (portal in this case)

they should be OCI compliant (MDM is and has standard OCI interfaces) , you need to have the same implemented in the portal in that case to recieve the sent data from MDM

hope this helps

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pfff, I have to take a look at this. Thanks.

But we do use SRM indeed but only for services. In this case SRM does not have any added value since we don't want to enter sourcing or approval workflows etc.. We only want to transfer selected items from the MDM internal product (stock) catalog to the work order in ECC.

Next to that some other users (other mask) will only use the catalog to gather info about a material so they don't enter the MDM product catalog from the work order but have to enter it from the portal.

So these two streams of entering the catalog should be solved.

Can you please tell me what the exact steps are to implement this?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I would like to exclude SRM, so from ECC PS/CU entering the MDM catalogue without the SRM part.

Also I would like to add the next question, is it possible to enter the MDM catalogue as a user from the portal, so via al link the portal instead of via ECC??

Thanks again.

Mark