Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Windows 7 Compatble With Sap Ecc?

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Every one.

I Am planning 2 get a Laptop Which is to be used for multipurpose such as Normal use and professional use.

Iam Looking forward for a conguiration of Dell with 4 gb ram , 500 gb hdd . with i5 processor.

But the problem is by default we get i5 with windows 7 installed .( as per my knowledge windows 7 doesnt supoprt sap .Hope its true?).

so we need to go for windows server edition either 2000 or 2003 , but i5 doesnt support this combination, so looking for a Core 2 Duo which is not available in market now very widely.So Iam in serch of such combination which helps in running sap server ( For Development , study ,Practice).

So Let me know one thing .

I hope 4gb +500Gb is Much Enough for installing sap(i need to have the backend ecc and the Ep installed).

Problem here is with the processor and OS.

My Questioni s that

1) If i get Core2 duo can i install Win Server edition?(if so in this case , i dont get Wlan , sound drivers and others)This Os Shuold be for Pure Sap Environment.

2) can i have dual Boot O.S(Xp+Win Server) So that I can use server edition for sap , and Xp for normal use?

Should I go for Core 2 Duo or I3 processor?

So Pls Guide Me in this issue.

Thanx

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I hope 4gb +500Gb is Much Enough for installing sap(i need to have the backend ecc and the Ep installed).

> Problem here is with the processor and OS.

4 GB is not enough memory.

If you calculate:

Memory is needed by

- the operating system (roughly 1 GB)

- the database instance (at least 2 GB)

- the Java server process (2 GB fix)

- the ABAP instance (2 GB)

So I'd not try to install an ABAP + Java system below 8 GB, that's the absolute minimum. You can technically install on less memory but every click in the system will take ages because the OS will be mainly working with swap.

If you need a system to train I'd highly recommend going for a real server, check on ebay for an e. g. used HP ProLiant with 16 GB, they can be as cheap as a laptop. Make sure they support 64bit.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot install SAP ECC on Windows 7. This is not supported.

Period.

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx 4 the replies

I just need to make conform abt win7. so its fine.

So i shuld go for Win Server 2003 , so should go for dual core r core 2 duo.

So Is that 4gb ram is not enough, i wonder abt that reply.

pls clarify me, wats the best configuraton 2 go for the Ep Server (ABAP+JAVA)stacks

Thanx

Sandeep

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So i shuld go for Win Server 2003 , so should go for dual core r core 2 duo.

I would use Windows 2008

> So Is that 4gb ram is not enough, i wonder abt that reply.

Why do you wonder? It gave a clean explanation why this is the case.

> pls clarify me, wats the best configuraton 2 go for the Ep Server (ABAP+JAVA)stacks

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

Markus

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI - Windows 7 64bit version of NSP is now available in the [downloads section.|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-downloads]

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

I cant find Netweaver 7.0(dual Stack ) For Java for windows

So Can Any One Let Me Know Which File IS To Be downloaded for installing abap+java server with Webdynpro java and Ep

Thanks

Sandeep