cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Upgrade to latest EHP4 level after installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

As we know in these days we are upgrading through EHP installer. My question is that can

we upgrade one by one(1)ABAP 2)BASIS) or we need to import all the packaged and then run EHP installer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Request you to tell me whether we need to download SAP ECC 6 EHP4 dump from Service market place

or Through Solution Manager.

If i go for direct downloading of Dump from service market place do i confront any issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recommended to download the EhP4 via Maintanence Optimizer (SolMan) as it takes care of technical prerequisites and dependencies. Manually checking this would be lot of effort and not reliable.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its only for ERECRUIT then no need to install ECC all compoents.

Only NW BASIS compoents are mandatory for E-RECRUIT.

Regards,

rajneesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Yes, i would like to use EHP installler but i had concern regarding upgrade after implementation

because i need to prepare a system for E-Recruiment.

I am going to install ECC 6.0 and after installation through Solution manager i wil download

All Required support packaged top to bottom to take system to EHP4 level through EHP installer.

Please correct me if i am wrong?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right. Additionally you can read How to install EHP4 and Technical FAQ Guide on EHP4 from http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp. It will help you to get some insight on the process.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHPi installer is mandatory for EHP4 upgrade.

But I don't understand why you don't want to use EHPi installer, as it saves lot of downtime and efforts.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would recommend to run the EhP Installer for all the components (BASIS, ABA etc).

The EhP installer will take care of the component dependencies and also ensure the update is consistent.

For your question below, it is not possible to update SAP_ABA to EhP1 without SAP_BASIS on EhP1

Regards,

Srikishan