Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments on status change

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

The requirement is that the user needs to give the comments for each status change. I have seen a material showing Comments Tab (Just like Document Data / Addnl Data tabs) in DMS transaction where user can enter their comments. How can we get this tab in DMS transactions. These comments will be captured only for information purpose. Can you please throw some lights on this.

Regards

Harris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

to display the entered comments for status change please press the 'Status Log' button. Here you will see all the comments entered for the document info record when the status is changed.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

What I know so is there no additional comment tab for status change it must been an enhancement you have seen. However you can add a short comment for each status change around 20-30 characters. Go to

Cross-Application Components ->Document Management->Control Data->Define Document Types choose your document type and go to "Define document status" choose the status you want use this feild and enter a value in "fld sel." (Optional, No entry, Required entry)

When you use this you find these entry in the DIR "Status log (F7)"

BR/Håkan

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Håkan, Christoph

Thanks for your replies...We have implemented the Field Selection option to capture the comments, but the issue is that we can't enter more than 20 characters in the Log Field (not upto 30 characters).

Is there any additional settings are required to enter upto 30 characters? (because now the system accepts only 20 characters)

What shall we do If we want to enter more than 30 characters? Is it recommended to change the standard table (DRAP) properties?

Regards

Harris

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

generally I can only say from a standard point of view the limit was always 20 characters. I would also not recommend you to just modify the table DRAP field because I do not know which side effects in other function modules or reports may occur afterwards.

Best regards,

Christoph