cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an additional text field to a table (not to header or body row)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the Adobe designer I would like to add an additional text field to a table. But the text field should not be part of the header or the body row. As reference see the field EX_CONDITIONS in form SD_BIL_LIST_FORM01 . This text field is not part of the header or the body of table HEADER_CONDITIONS. And that's what I want to do in my own form. But drag and drop does not work. How do I get it the text field into a table???

I need this text field to attach a script to be able to hide the header line from the from if the table is empty.

Any advice?

Thanks, Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved using a workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Drag n' Drop the textField into the layout. Place it near to the table. Select both table and textField, right click and wrap them in a seperate subform. This subfrom can function as a seperate control.

Will it solve your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I thought about that as well. But the problem is that when I make a subform my script will not work anymore:

if ( HasValue($) == 0 )

then $.parent.presence = "hidden"

endif

I intended to store this script at the text field (form ready). If I would put a subform around the table and the text field the parent object would not be the table anymore but the subform. As there is the SAP standard form SD_BIL_LIST_FORM01 where the logic is the way I want it I would like to assign the text field to the table and not putting a subform as a workaround. Also due to the fact that I'm not familiar with scripting and I have to provide a solution urgently....

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am not sure whether I got the exact problem or not.

If it is like, you have to hide the entire table based on value in the textField then alter the the script as follows.

if ( HasValue($) == 0 ) then

$.parent.table1.presence = "hidden"

endif

Try the script in the initialize event of text field.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my actual problem is a problem in Adobe Designer. I will describe it with scrreenshots. It's about a text field that needs to be added to a table.

That's what I want:

Link: [http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/Micha_AB/SAP_should.jpg]

In form SD_BIL_LIST_FORM01 the text field EX_CONDITIONS is part of table HEADER_CONDITIONS

That's how it is now in my form:

Link: [http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/Micha_AB/SAP_is.jpg]

So what I want is to make the text field SHOW_MULTI_MIERALS be part of table Table_Multi_Minerals. But if I try to drag and drop the fext field into the table the system does not do it although it seems that I sould be possible (the black Drop line appears).

Regards, Michael