cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Files in File - Idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

i am doing a file-idoc scenario, and i got a reuiqrement saying we need to track the no.of files being placed in PI,of how many are successfull into idocs and how many are failed..

And we have a unique field called "Ccode",Which needs to be reported for all the failed files...

Kindly advice me in acheving this..

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Jun 1, 2011 11:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prabhas,

As your scenario is File to IDOC ..are you deleting files after reading.. or archiving it some other location after reading..

you can cross check with that file and IDOC which is there on your R/3..

if you want to check you can check through PI logs also.. you can check for that field value in payload and cross check in your file..

and better way.. just check for failure messages in PI and if you found your interface in that list make a note of it..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

I am archiving the files.. But the problem is the daily volume would be around 20k files.. It would be difficult for manual monitoring..

Can we have anyother alternative such as to raise alert such as for particular "Ccode" theres a failed message....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prabhas

ohh you want to configure this for future.. I though you want to check this for previous..

Yes you can configure alert for this interface and to whomever you want send this alert should get subscribe to this..here are few details.. so you will get alert if you have subscribed for it.. and will get details also..along with message Id.. which is unique.. so you can track that failed message and check..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

Thanks,

Bhupesh

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You need RFC /ABAP code in PI to achieve this. Every time PI processes a file the CCode and file name will be sent as parameters to RFC. If the files are successfully converted into IDOC the names of the file and success code should be saved in Table. In case there is some errors found during validation process then the error code and filename could be saved in same or different table. Now in a separate table you can maintain email-id's of the users who need to be informed of failures.

Separate ABAP code will monitor the table where you have stored the filename with error code and trigger emails to individual user.

regards

Anupam