cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration of Suppliers to New Product Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we have seen, during registration of new suppliers, system offers a list of product categories to select. System sends questionnaires related to the selected product categories, to prospective supplier's email ID. The supplier submits answers to these question. The buyer will scrutinize the details, registers him as supplier and also maintains supplier list for the product categories which he has requested.

Now the supplier is interested in some more product categories. So he has to select some more product categories. The system should send him a questionnaires for those product category. The buyer will scrutinize the answers submitted by the supplier and maintains supplier list for those product categories.

How to map this scenario in standard SAP?

Ganapathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the purchasing system , everything is controlled by the buyer(purchaser )

so it is not feasible for the suppliers to proactively selects the new product categories , this is because buyer is the one who decides which product category he wants and not the supplier.

only the product categories decided by the purchaser will be shown in the questionaire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khan,

Thanks for the response.

you said

only the product categories decided by the purchaser will be shown in the questionnaire

Which questionnaire you are talking about? Can you elaborate please?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

Unfortunately if you want a registered supplier to again send you questionnaire response to new product categories, then you will have to do this offline through email.

However in the Portal, the Purchaser can assign the new categories to already existing supplier.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Apr 6, 2011 7:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Feeling very much disappointed!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi

Nikhil is correct.

i assume that supplier want to register some more product category which is not in the system . sorry if i understood wrong.

or it is just understanding between buyer and supplier.

There is no fixed rule that whatever supplier register the product category and he will receive the PO or contract.

It is understanding between Buyer and Supplier what type of product category supplier expert to do service for the purchase organisation.

Whatever product category is existed in the ROS system the same only can be registered by the Supplier.

Because purchase organisation uses only some product category which they wants for their organisation.

For ex

step 1:-BREAKS product category - TVS registerd in the ROS system and become supplier

step 2:- again TVS supplier want to add WHEELS product category ? and expects a questionaire for WHEELS from the Purchase organisation?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

Thanks for the response.

I would like to clarify my question as below.

i assume that supplier want to register some more product category which is not in the system .

With reference to your example,

The buyer's organization always had both BREAKS and WHEEL in the list of product categories.

During step1: TVS had selected only BREAKS. It had answered the questionnaires for BREAKS and got registered and supplier list maintained for BREAKS.

For step2: Now TVS selects WHEEL and gets questionnaires related to WHEEL.

So buyer came to know about new capabilities of TVS for WHEELS also. Buyer maintains supplier for TVS for WHEELS also.

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

If TVS submits the initial registration form with only BREAKS and later realises that he had to submit WHEELS as well, then the next time he submits the form, a new BP will be created for it in ROS and hence the 2 cannot be linked.

@ Muthu : You did not get the question he is trying to ask. Both categories are there in the system, just that both are not selected at the same time.

@ Ganapathi : Lets wait for some one else too to come up with a response. May be some one has worked on this sort of an issue. I had also faced this issue but could not do anything beyond what I have just explained.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. Let me wait...

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If TVS submits the initial registration form with only BREAKS and later realises that he had to submit WHEELS as well, then the next time he submits the form, a new BP will be created for it in ROS and hence the 2 cannot be linked.

Yes. We also agree that, we should not create another BP number now. So initial screen which is based on SICF>ROS_SELF_REG is not suitable now. So I was wondering there may be another suitable SICF service which will host a form, where the supplier can make selection of product categories.

If such SICF service(s) is not available.........we have to think about some workaround...

Ganapathi

Edited by: Ganapathi on Apr 6, 2011 6:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Such SICF service is not available.

Hence we went with the method I suggested in my first post.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Can there be any SICF service, with which supplier can generate (some sort of any request) and submits to buyer?

Ganapathi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gnapathi

i do understand but i honestly dont know but some options ...

i believe there is one option available in manage business partner

vendor vs product category but srm never utilise this functionality i.e there is a relation between supplier and product category so admin can manually add the new product category against the supplier if business allows.

i am sure but it is just recorded ( vendor vs product category relationship ) but no where we use..this combination. i dont have a system to verify the same now.

i am not sure i do have poor memory..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

Thanks for response.

The part that, we can manually add suppliers to a product category in Suppllier list is ok.

If there is(are) someway, where supplier can send a request(a text message) to buyer, we can try to manage with it, as a work around.

Ganapathi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi

There is a link in the manage business business partner transaction and there we may see some link between supplier and product category ..

but there is no way in the standard what you were asking.

ROS just helps the supplier to initially handshake with the Procurement organisation and later supplier and buyer communicates and having relationship after registering.

but your question is valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

The very purpose of my interrogations was

later supplier and buyer communicates

how?

We saw options where buyer can create a survey based on product category, and send it to suppliers and expect answers.

But the reverse case, if suppliers wanted to proactively access the repository of product category and answer questions related to it, is not possible. It seems they can do it only once, during first registration!

Ok. Let me wait for sometime and close this thread then.

Ganapathi